1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Syntax error, malformed JSON

Nice to meet all!
    I have such a problem. In php file I prepare json data to insert to html field
    PHP Code:
    <?php if(count($product['option'])>0){

$encoded json_encode($product['option'], true);

?>
                   <td class="right"> <input type="checkbox" name="delete[]" value = '<?php echo $encoded?>' > </td>            
                    <?php ?>
    I can see it in browser source like
    Code:
    <td class="right"> <input type="checkbox" name="delete[]" value = '[{"name":"\u041a\u0430\u0440\u0442\u043e\u043d","value":"\u0411\u0435\u043b\u044b\u0439 \u043c\u0430\u0442\u043e\u0432\u044b\u0439","type":"select","product_id":"3701","quantity":"1","product_option_value_id":"5663"}]' > </td>
    Then I process received post data in php file
    PHP Code:
     foreach ($data['delete'] as $string) {
             echo 
    'Decoding: ' $string;

json_decode($stringtrue);

switch (
    json_last_error()) {
            case 
    JSON_ERROR_NONE:
                echo 
    ' - No errors';
            break;
            case 
    JSON_ERROR_DEPTH:
                echo 
    ' - Maximum stack depth exceeded';
            break;
            case 
    JSON_ERROR_STATE_MISMATCH:
                echo 
    ' - Underflow or the modes mismatch';
            break;
            case 
    JSON_ERROR_CTRL_CHAR:
                echo 
    ' - Unexpected control character found';
            break;
            case 
    JSON_ERROR_SYNTAX:
                echo 
    ' - Syntax error, malformed JSON';
            break;
            case 
    JSON_ERROR_UTF8:
                echo 
    ' - Malformed UTF-8 characters, possibly incorrectly encoded';
            break;
            default:
                echo 
    ' - Unknown error';
            break;
        }

echo 
    PHP_EOL;
    }
         exit; 
    And in browser I get something like that
    PHP Code:
    Decoding: [{"product_id":"3659","quantity":"2"}] - Syntax errormalformed JSON Decoding: [{"name":"\u041a\u0430\u0440\u0442\u043e\u043d","value":"\u0411\u0435\u043b\u044b\u0439 \u043c\u0430\u0442\u043e\u0432\u044b\u0439","type":"select","product_id":"3701","quantity":"1","product_option_value_id":"5663"}] - Syntax errormalformed JSON 
    Can anybody say anything
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Works for me with the example string you've given. Maybe you have a space or something?
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi it's because my $product['option'] is array. Did you use array?
  7. Sarcky

No, I used the json strings you printed.

This:
    Decoding: [{"product_id":"3659","quantity":"2"}] - Syntax error, malformed JSON

That worked.

This:
    Decoding: [{"name":"\u041a\u0430\u0440\u0442\u043e\u043d","value":"\u0411\u0435\u043b\u044b\u0439 \u043c\u0430\u0442\u043e\u0432\u044b\u0439","type":"select","product_id":"3701","quantity":"1","prod uct_option_value_id":"5663"}] - Syntax error, malformed JSON

Also worked.

Work step by step. I copied the inside of your loop and copied your example json. Both worked fine.

Code:
    php > $string = '[{"name":"\u041a\u0430\u0440\u0442\u043e\u043d","value":"\u0411\u0435\u043b\u044b\u0439 \u043c\u0430\u0442\u043e\u0432\u044b\u0439","type":"select","product_id":"3701","quantity":"1","product_option_value_id":"5663"}]';
    php > function doString ( $string ) {
    php { echo 'Decoding: ' . $string;                                                                                                                                                                           php {    
    php {     json_decode($string, true); 
    php { 
    php {     switch (json_last_error()) { 
    php {         case JSON_ERROR_NONE: 
    php {             echo ' - No errors'; 
    php {         break; 
    php {         case JSON_ERROR_DEPTH: 
    php {             echo ' - Maximum stack depth exceeded'; 
    php {         break; 
    php {         case JSON_ERROR_STATE_MISMATCH: 
    php {             echo ' - Underflow or the modes mismatch'; 
    php {         break; 
    php {         case JSON_ERROR_CTRL_CHAR: 
    php {             echo ' - Unexpected control character found'; 
    php {         break; 
    php {         case JSON_ERROR_SYNTAX: 
    php {             echo ' - Syntax error, malformed JSON'; 
    php {         break; 
    php {         case JSON_ERROR_UTF8: 
    php {             echo ' - Malformed UTF-8 characters, possibly incorrectly encoded'; 
    php {         break; 
    php {         default: 
    php {             echo ' - Unknown error'; 
    php {         break; 
    php {     } 
    php { 
    php {     echo PHP_EOL; 
    php { }
    php > doString($string);
    Decoding: [{"name":"\u041a\u0430\u0440\u0442\u043e\u043d","value":"\u0411\u0435\u043b\u044b\u0439 \u043c\u0430\u0442\u043e\u0432\u044b\u0439","type":"select","product_id":"3701","quantity":"1","product_option_value_id":"5663"}] - No errors
    php >

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I dont know why but it still doesnt work in my browser((
    Instead I've found a way that works for me
    <td class="right"> <input type="checkbox" name="delete[]" value = "<?php echo base64_encode(serialize($product['option'])); ?>" > </td>
    and in php file
    foreach ($data['delete'] as $received) {
    $received = unserialize(base64_decode($received));
    print_r($received);
    }
    Thanks a lot
  11. Sarcky

The more pressing question is actually why are you pushing product details down to a form? What's stopping me from opening up this array myself and screwing with the values? You shouldn't be doing this at all.

Comments on this post

• ptr2void agrees

13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

This is a long story. I edit site functionality.
  15. Sarcky

So you're taking someone else's site and un-breaking it? Go all the way and remove this bit entirely, since it's a massive security hole.

17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

i think he means he is doing an "edit product" functionality where admins can change the details.. in that case he needs to get the data and put it in the form elements?
  19. Sarcky

If that's the case, the data should not be PHP Serialized in a non-printing form field.

This is almost certainly doing it wrong.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo