Thread: Table build

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Table build

Ok. I want to apologize if in the end this ends up not being a PHP item whatsoever. Just thinking maybe some kinda if/then may help with this or something. My current build/attempt at my goal for my table design is a failure as far as column alignment goes. If there's a fresh from scratch way to do as desired, that

TH row is to be set 1 row up, stationary (not scrolling), and a little wider to expand over up arrow of scrolling. The rest of the items simply need to be scrollable. If I can't expand last TH column, that would be ok. I CAN currently do what I desire, but the columns are always off a hair, even if col width are 5-10px diff. AND sometimes the data columns don't hold defined widths, but even widths.

I did find out the thing that triggers all this is setting the header row 'position: absolute;' in order to move it above the scroll area. This is in relation to my topic in CSS/HTML forums which has yet any responses.
    Last edited by Triple_Nothing; March 16th, 2013 at 09:01 AM.
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I don't know how you managed to get the columns to be off, but these solutions seem to work fine for me in chrome on linux.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Thank u VERY much!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo