1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Text color question

Hi,

Am trying to add color to text in the line below...I simply just don't know how to do it.
    I hope someone can help. I'd really appreciate it!

PHP Code:

else if (!empty ($errors_messages)) {

$errors "<p style="color:red"><b><>" $txt['errors'] . "</b><br>" $errors_messages "</p>";
        } 
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

PHP Code:

$errors "<p style='color:red'><b><>" $txt['errors'] . "</b><br>" $errors_messages "</p>"
        } 
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    PHP Code:

$errors "<p style='color:red'><b><>" $txt['errors'] . "</b><br>" $errors_messages "</p>"
        } 
    THANKS, ManiacDan!!

single quotes, instead of double....ugh...
  7. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code

The problem isn't specifically that you used double quotes instead of single quotes, the problem is that you tried to put double quotes into a string that was delimited by double quotes, and you didn't escape the double quotes that you wanted to be used as values instead of delimiters.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  9. Sarcky

Read the manual for more.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    The problem isn't specifically that you used double quotes instead of single quotes, the problem is that you tried to put double quotes into a string that was delimited by double quotes, and you didn't escape the double quotes that you wanted to be used as values instead of delimiters.

I did escape the double quotes with the slashes \....but it didn't work, so I figured something else was wrong (maybe I repeatedly entered "/" this instead...also, I've used single quotes plenty of times to sidestep having to escape double quotes with slashes...why I didn't think of it this time? -->> Must be just one of those foggy mind days...

I've spent days before trying to fix something...when it was just supposed to be "text" and not "txt"...good thing I'm in a self-tutoring phase and am not working for anyone.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Read the manual for more.
    Thanks!
  15. Sarcky

/ isn't special. \ is super special. Just keep that in mind.

17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

/ isn't special. \ is super special. Just keep that in mind.
    That helps. Yup, will do.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo