1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

tiny little adressbook - can you help out with a dataset - and dump

well dear PHP-Experts good day

about 5 years ago i was running an apache-Friends XAMPP system on a windows machine. now i am on linux -and i do not have any xampp here.

The good thing. now i have a full linux machine. I am able to run MySQL on my Opensuse machine. No problem here.

Back to the xampp: There also was a database included - a little demo database for adresses. I eagerly look forward to get this little tiny database.

is there any way to get it - to get th e data-dump of this database. Or to any apropiate little tiny adressbook-database.

look forward to hear from you

greetings
    meta
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

15 seconds of Google "research":

http://dalibor.dvorski.net/downloads...gWithXAMPP.pdf

I wouldn't use that example, though. The code is horribly unsecure and hopelessly outdated (the 90s are over).

Learn how to use the contemporary database extensions and write the code yourself.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

hi Jacques1

many thanks for the quick reply and the help.

i will have a closer look at the mysql-guides to write my own code.-

greetings

meta

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo