1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Before you worry about that, try putting an echo line before the setcookie line and another echo after it to be sure that some other php error isn't preventing the cookie command. Simple and quick!
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Jacques1
    I couldn't find any tool in IE! I can't decide if my code is wrong without any tool!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Moderns
    I couldn't find any tool in IE! I can't decide if my code is wrong without any tool!
    You could add those two echo lines like I suggested and quickly find out if the cookie is even being processed. That would surely help you to know where to go next, since I'm guessing that your problem is that jumbled-up code you posted.

Code:
    if ( setcookie(.....) )
      echo "cookie ran ok<br>";
    else
       echo "cookie failed to run<br>";
    echo "All done with setcookie statement";
    Just my way of doing things.
    Last edited by jimmyg999; October 9th, 2013 at 04:43 PM. Reason: saw a mistake with my first echo which would prevent the setcookie from succeeding.
  7. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Oh boy, this will be a looong thread.

Originally Posted by Moderns
    Did you even read the post? You must grab your Chrome! Chrome! Not the IE! Chrome!

Chrome comes with developer tools, so it's perfect for checking the server response.

Forget your IE. You've become obsessed with this idea of checking the cookies in different browsers. No. You first check the server response with Chrome. You post the result here. And then we talk about browsers.

Please, just start your Chrome. That shouldn't be too hard, and it will save everybody a lot of time.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Good luck Moderns. I'm signing off - too much stress!!
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by jimmyg999
    You could add those two echo lines like I suggested and quickly find out if the cookie is even being processed. That would surely help you to know where to go next, since I'm guessing that your problem is that jumbled-up code you posted.

Code:
    if ( setcookie(.....) )
      echo "cookie ran ok<br>";
    else
       echo "cookie failed to run<br>";
    echo "All done with setcookie statement";
    Just my way of doing things.
    Thanks I tried but didn't find any problem Cookies are set but on the part 2, I get it UNSET Something really strange!
  13. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

I'm out. Maybe you're just not capable of understanding my instructions, maybe you can't let go of your assumptions. I don't know. But clearly we're running in circles here.

This cookie issue is a very simple problem. If you analyze it systematically (like I suggested), you should find the cause very quickly -- like in your last thread.

However, it only works if you cooperate. For the last two pages, I've repeated the same suggestions again and again and again. Yet you still haven't managed to start your Chrome. I can't help you then.

Ask Jimmy or do whatever you like.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Jacques1
    I'm out. Maybe you're just not capable of understanding my instructions, maybe you can't let go of your assumptions. I don't know. But clearly we're running in circles here.

This cookie issue is a very simple problem. If you analyze it systematically (like I suggested), you should find the cause very quickly -- like in your last thread.

However, it only works if you cooperate. For the last two pages, I've repeated the same suggestions again and again and again. Yet you still haven't managed to start your Chrome. I can't help you then.

Ask Jimmy or do whatever you like.
    I already ran the network in Chrome and saw the network in IE and didn't see any error! This is not the way to catch why cookies are not set! Thanks anyway for insulting me!

Comments on this post

• Jacques1 disagrees : If you think you know better than us, then why the hell did you ask us in the first place?
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

if you cant see any problem, why not:

1. post a link here to your site
    2. show a screen shot of the chrome network tab. Bear in mind that when you use the network/debug thing that Jacques showed you, it has two section, headers & response.. do you even know how to use it/looking at the right place.

in the three posts that HE tried to help you, you slapped it back in his face by not doing anything! it isnt his DUTY to help you. While i was reading the replies, i was getting frustrated that you arent listening to soemone trying to help you! If i was him then I wouldn't have replied as much as he had! so give him some credit, he is knowledgeable and knows what he is talking about
  19. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by paulh1983
    if you cant see any problem, why not:

1. post a link here to your site
    2. show a screen shot of the chrome network tab. Bear in mind that when you use the network/debug thing that Jacques showed you, it has two section, headers & response.. do you even know how to use it/looking at the right place.

in the three posts that HE tried to help you, you slapped it back in his face by not doing anything! it isnt his DUTY to help you. While i was reading the replies, i was getting frustrated that you arent listening to soemone trying to help you! If i was him then I wouldn't have replied as much as he had! so give him some credit, he is knowledgeable and knows what he is talking about
    Hi, I am very sorry. Actually I was looking for errors in the network but didn't find any! Still the problem hasn't been solved and I am attaching screen shots for the network in IE which has the problem. Thank you!

21. No Profile Picture

I hope the info I provided enough to know the problem!

Thanks a lot!
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

you are setting cookies in ?page=1 but when you go to page=2 i dont see cookies being mentioned, so how about you also post the code for ajax.php and the script that uses it?-
  25. No Profile Picture

you are setting cookies in ?page=1 but when you go to page=2 i dont see cookies being mentioned, so how about you also post the code for ajax.php and the script that uses it?-
    If you notice, the page ajax.php contains two parts (part1 and part2), not page1 and page2. I am setting cookies in part1 and call part2 to read the cookies, but ONLY in IE they are NOT SET. In all other browsers (FF, Chrome, Opera and Safari) everything is working fine! Something strange
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

i know, i was talking about the screenshots, not saying you are doing anything wrong. once you set a cookie, in each subsequent requests, cookies should be sent again..
  29. No Profile Picture

i know, i was talking about the screenshots, not saying you are doing anything wrong. once you set a cookie, in each subsequent requests, cookies should be sent again..
    Thanks for your comment! I am really wondering if IE is implementing security rules when calling the server from the local host referrer? Everything goes fine expect in IE I hope somebody can hint us about a solution I tried a lot of things!

Appreciate your help!

IMN logo majestic logo spyfu logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo