1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to get uploaded file?

How To Get the Uploaded File Information in the Receiving Script?

[Fake signature removed]
    Last edited by Winters; March 22nd, 2013 at 04:39 AM.
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

It's in $_FILES, if anyone is actually interested.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Like this:
    $_FILES['fieldname'];

That should be how you get the file, but I don't know what you want to do with it from there?
  7. Sarcky

He wanted to spam his website, so you can safely ignore this question.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    He wanted to spam his website, so you can safely ignore this question.
    Huh? I wanted to spam mine or Jhonaxel wanted to spam his? How would that spam it? Sorry for asking and bothering you Dan.
  11. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Jhonaxel is (most likely) a spammer/bot. That's why Winters removed the signature.

Vague pseudo questions like this ("What is PHP?", "What is web development?", ...) are a pretty common type of spam. Sometimes it's used for a "bot discussion" with different "users" dumping their SEO word generator nonsense into the forum.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  13. Sarcky

If you bothered me, I wouldn't spend hours a day on the forum.

I meant Jhonaxel was spamming. See where it says "fake signature removed" and "last edited by" on his post? His original post contained a fake signature, presumably spamming some website.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo