1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
    Please help! I am selecting multiple files based on a database search, and have got to the point where I can get PHP to start off a *single* download to the user's browser. What I need to do is to loop through the list of files to send automagically rather than tell the user to "click each file you wish to download!" - no fun if it found 50 matches!! I'd really appreciate some input on this one..

3. No Profile Picture
    Robert_J_Sherman
    Frankly, if I were a visitor, and the site just "automagically" started downloading stuff, I think I'd get a little ticked..

especially if I lived in a region were 28K was my fastest connection.

frankly, if it were me, I'd stick with the displaying of "links" to downloads, rather than forcing the download.

Additionally, the browsers aren't too smart, if your script starts sending download data, the browser will try to download everything at once.. so 50 files, would not be a good idea..

Now, if you're talking about an intranet or perhaps a broad band configuration for all the sites users/visitors, then your mehtod might not be a big deal..

------------------
    SnR Graphics,
    Low Cost Hosting and Web Development.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Trouble is, this is exactly what I want to achieve - it's a bit of an (ahem) unusual application I suppose really for anything over, say, 10 files, it's time to look at an alternate way of doing things. Thanks anyway..