1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I have created a project to complete with the IF function today. I am going to explore it inside out.

Let me ask you guysand I am not asking for the codes, I simply would like to learn a bout how I can go about searching for what I need.

In my IF exercise today I need to find a way to set some variables in order to figure out the first day of the month. Think of it as collecting rent from my tenants on the first of each month. A variable amount of $ is due by a variable amount of tenants who may or may not be charged late fee. I don't know how to set the date variable for this. It obviously revolves around some sort of date and time manipulation. If you guys didn't know how to write this code, where would you go in order to start looking on how to build the code for what you need. is there a better site than another? a better reference book than another?
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

New topic, new thread. I'll ask a moderator to move your post.
    The 6 worst sins of securityHow to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why can’t I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  5. Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Split to a new thread.

Going back to one of my previous suggestions, the best place to look for answers about PHP is to go to the source PHP.net.

If you search for date or time there you will eventually find this page with a list of Date/Time functions. Each one has an example of how to use it.

PHP.net is an invaluable resource because they have thoroughly documented every aspect of the language. Since they develop PHP, it's the most accurate information you will find anywhere. I don't know a single PHP developer that doesn't have the site bookmarked and uses it frequently.
    Last edited by Nilpo; December 6th, 2013 at 01:45 PM.
    Don't like me? Click it.

Scripting problems? Windows questions? Ask the Windows Guru!

Stay up to date with all of my latest content. Follow me on Twitter!

Help us help you! Post your exact error message with these easy tips!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo