1. A Change of Season
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Valid use of <![CDATA[ in XML. Why dreamweaver changes the color as if this is error?

In Dreamweaver when the code gets to don't, it changes the color as if this is error. But the browser doesn't show this as an error. Why?
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <root>
    	<things><![CDATA[ We walk you step by step to make sure you don't miss anything. We seriously care about every single client. We spend time together in public and make sure you understand and learn everything. ]]></things>
    </root>
  3. Did you steal it?
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

5. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Dreamweaver isn't exactly a CIA supercomputer. It's not great. That's your explanation: Dreamweaver isn't great.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  7. A Change of Season

Originally Posted by requinix
    Because it isn't an error.
    Ok 'm confused! The Firefox shows it as a well formatted XML with no errors.

I also tried replacing ' with &apos; but it shows is as &apos; in the browser and not '.

What is going on there.
  9. No Profile Picture
    I haz teh codez!

It's not an error. It's using Dreamweaver that's an error.
    I ♥ ManiacDan & requinix

This is a sig, and not necessarily a comment on the OP:
    Please don't be a help vampire!
  11. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

What? requinix and ManiacDan just told you there is no error. The XML is correct.

If Dreamweaver shows errors, then that's because its XML parser is broken -- which is what ManiacDan just said. The only way to fix that is to send a bug report to Adobe or something.

Again: The XML is correct, so no matter what you do, you won't get it "correcter".

XML entities don't get parsed within CDATA sections. That's actually the whole point of CDATA sections: to prevent parsing.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  13. A Change of Season

Originally Posted by Jacques1
    What? requinix and ManiacDan just told you there is no error. The XML is correct.

If Dreamweaver shows errors, then that's because its XML parser is broken -- which is what ManiacDan just said. The only way to fix that is to send a bug report to Adobe or something.

Again: The XML is correct, so no matter what you do, you won't get it "correcter".

XML entities don't get parsed within CDATA sections. That's actually the whole point of CDATA sections: to prevent parsing.
    Excuse me I didn' read the posts carefully! Now it makes sense.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo