1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

My first web application, advice?

- background info:

Php newbie (newbie in web development in general)
    have my senior proposal to submit in 4 month.

- Problem which i need help with:

* I finished my web application design (using adobe). and i don't know how to proceed. i know it's time to code, but how can i link the code to the design i did ? like submit buttons, read data from db for drop down menus and so on (i have knowledge in mysql/sql so queries and so on are fairly simple to handle)

* Is there a way i could get my menus to be dynamic instead of static? for example Insert,update,delete would affect the name of menus and their subsections ?

Thanks for your advice.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

You probably need 2 tutorials. The first is on PHP and the second on PDO. If you are not familiar with OOP then also checkout Northie's introduction.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

A guess general response to what seems a main goal atm is your dynamic drop-down. When you are reading up on your new PHP items, focus strong on the while() loop which you will include with your SELECT process. This will grab the items from your database, and, 1 line at a time for each row selected, it will build an "<OPTION ...>" item for your drop-down.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo