1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Website in php is safe?

i want to live my business in global way but in which development i use for my website?

Php website development is safe or not i confuse in choosing. pls suggest me.
  3. No Profile Picture

Sadly, nothing is 100% safe, but being serverside, php is one of the safest languages out there. Make sure to cover your bases, and if you have access to encryption software, use it. Make sure you have the server as secure as possible, firewall, etc...
  5. Known to taste like chicken

php is as safe as anything else out there, in that a lot of what you do plays a big part in security. Things like SQL Injection, Cross site scripting etc etc are out there and will eventually get you if you don't plan for them. Sanitise everything before you put it on a page, or insert it to a DB.

Using PHP on a well hardened Linux system with proper firewall rules and things like suPHP is a start. Make sure all your permissions on your directories are right (never use 777... ever... There is always a way around using 777). Don't use mysql_connect() and mysql_query() etc, use PDO with prepared statements. Properly configure MySQL or whatever you are using for your DB. Never have generic users for the DB, grant only the needed permissions (ie, avoid doing 'grant all permissions' etc, most relatively simple sites will get away with select, insert and maybe update). Only let MySQL listen on localhost unless you need external access to the DB server. Finally, keep EVERYTHING up to date. Updates are there for a reason. Use them. They will help protect you and your site. The amount of servers that I have seen hacked through using old distros of Linux, or php or their cms etc is laughable. It's so easy to avoid.
    "Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door" - Homer J Simpson / Edgar Allan Poe

Looking for a project Idea?
  7. Known to taste like chicken

jaysh4922, you should be able to wrap urls in [ URL ] tags. Pretty sure the board lets you do it when you have 10 posts or more? someone will correct me if I'm wrong there.

here is the clickable linkage:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7185552AARxdeE

Good read, btw. Sums it up pretty well.
    "Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door" - Homer J Simpson / Edgar Allan Poe

Looking for a project Idea?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It is as secure as you make it.

Originally Posted by sir_drinxalot
    jaysh4922, you should be able to wrap urls in [ URL ] tags. Pretty sure the board lets you do it when you have 10 posts or more? someone will correct me if I'm wrong there.

here is the clickable linkage:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7185552AARxdeE

Good read, btw. Sums it up pretty well.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

100% safe.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo