1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Windows 8 install

I’m having problems setting up PHP on my new windows machine. I downloaded and unzip php-5.4.11-nts-Win32-VC9-x86.zip into a directory called php5.4 and then place my php.ini file in the Windows directory. When I call php with “php –version” I receive the following error:
    ==========
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200]
    (c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\windows\system32>cd\php5.4

C:\php5.4>php -v
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\php5.4\ext\php_pdo.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
    in Unknown on line 0
    PHP 5.4.11 (cli) (built: Jan 16 2013 20:26:26)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2013 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2013 Zend Technologies

C:\php5.4>

The file 'C:\php5.4\ext\php_pdo.dll' is not in the distribution that I have and is not called by php .ini

So the question that I have is what should I be looking for next in order to resolve this?
  3. Wiser? Not exactly.
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Run php -i | more and look for the line Loaded Configuration File to verify which ini file is being loaded. There is no need for a php_pdo extension past 5.3, it is built-in by default. You just need to remove the line from which ever ini file it is coming from.
    Recycle your old CD's, don't just trash them

If I helped you out, show some love with some reputation, or tip with Bitcoins to 1N645HfYf63UbcvxajLKiSKpYHAq2Zxud
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by kicken
    Run php -i | more and look for the line Loaded Configuration File to verify which ini file is being loaded. There is no need for a php_pdo extension past 5.3, it is built-in by default. You just need to remove the line from which ever ini file it is coming from.
    I was using my old php.ini file and not copying the model file that came with the new distribution.
    Thanks for the help!
    WBR
  7. No Profile Picture

I tried two installs of the Apache server today and they both did not work.
    I am running windows 8 and I am hoping someone will give me the exact name of the MSI file that they used to install a functioning compatible version with PHP.

Thank You.
    PS
    After a third try I got it complete!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo