1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

xslt_set_encoding() not working on Win PHP 4.3.3

I want to know if someone has sucessfully transformed a XML document wich contains spanish (or non spanish) especial characters like or using the XSLT processor that comes with PHP.

My situation is the following, I obtain an XML recordset from my database using the adodb-xml libraries, my XML result set comes out clean, and the special characters are legible (not encoded).

Well, the moment I pass my XML data through some XSLT transformations using the XSLT processor (that comes with PHP), all the special characters come like this
    for example

O => & # 1 1 0 3 ; (I had to write the code in double space between them because otherwise it would look like a reversed R like this я)

I already add the propper xml declaration in each and everyone of the xslt files
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    and also tried
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-2"?>

well, I even tried to set the propper encoding in my xslt class that I use
    xslt_set_encoding($this->processor,'ISO-8859-2'); (and also tried with) xslt_set_encoding($this->processor,'ISO-8859-1');
    with no luck, I read that you have to compile the xslt support again if you would like to enable the xslt_set_encoding properly, but I haven't found any documentation on how to do this on windows, or Where to get the proper php_xslt.dll that accept the encoding method properly.

I don't know if I have to change both the sablot.dll and the php_xslt.dll

Any help will be really appreciated.
    Thanks in Advance
    Last edited by esosa; February 3rd, 2004 at 05:59 PM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo