• Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

just first make gmail account for api key and then
    $API_key = 'Insert_Your_API_Key';
    $channelID = 'Insert_Channel_ID';
    $maxResults = 10;

$videoList = json_decode(file_get_contents('https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?order=date&part=snippet&channelId='.$channelID.'&maxResults='.$maxResults.'&key='.$API_key.'' ));

Youtube Video List using PHP
    Loop through the $videoList->items to list the videos from a YouTube channel.

foreach($videoList->items as $item){
    //Embed video
    if(isset($item->id->videoId)){
    echo '<div class="youtube-video">
    <iframe width="280" height="150" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/'.$item->id->videoId.'" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <h2>'. $item->snippet->title .'</h2>
    </div>';
    }
    }
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by requinix
    As I read the YouTube Terms of Service, that would not be allowed: you can't set up advertising on videos, and you can't do anything to block how the embedded player works.

And that makes me happy.
    You did not understand. I won't be setting up advertising on vids.
    Look at it this way.
    You do a search for "vps hosts" on youtube.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vps+hosts

Now look at the vid ranked number 15.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDXSnzlAfYQ
    Do you see it only got 19 views in 1 month ? That is no good.
    Their vid description goes like this:
    Fastcomet Review - Cloud Vps Hosting

Now, you know very well that, this vid is not getting enough views because it's KWs are not highly sought.
    So what would you do ? You would grab their embedded code:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rVRkCjuKhQ4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And list it on my video seaerchengine using your own keywords that are more highly searched.
    Now, when my vid SE users search those KWs you used to promote that same vid, my SE would not present the direct link to that youtube vid. Instead it would present a doorway page and 9 more doorway pages to 9 more vids on the SERP (searchengine result page).
    So now, if my vid SE users like the description you used to promote that third party youtube vid then they would click the doorway page. (Go and findout what a doorway page is).
    The doorway page would show stats of other members who have viewed this youtube vid. (That is the magic of the doorway page. Each viewer can now chat with the other viewers). The doorway page would list an ad that would pay you per click.
    The doorway page would link (embedded link) to the youtube vid. My vid SE users would now click the embedded link and play the vid. Ofcourse, they'd view the youtube ad first and earn youtube and the vid publisher money per click. But don't forget that, the viewer landed on the doorway page first and earned you the money per click before they clicked the embedded link and viewed the youtube ad and the vid.

So on my vid SE, if viewers want to watch vids directly on youtube and don't need to learn who else is viewing the vid then they can click the vid link once on youtube by going direct to youtube.
    But the vid viewer would not able to see who else is viewing the vid. Nor communicate/chat with them.
    Now, if they view the same vid via my vid SE then they do the viewing via the doorway page (middleman page) that shows an ad that pays you money per click.
    So, a viewer has to click twice to see the same vid that they would have clicked once to see it direct on youtube.
    The extra click is due to them being redirected to the middleman page (doorway page) first that shows stat of the vid. Stat meaning, who else is currently viewing the vid and who viewed it in the past.
    So, if Catacaustic is curently viewing the same vid then his profile would be linked from the doorway page. If Requinix now visits the same doorway page then he would see Catacaustic's profile and likewise Catacaustic would see his profile and they would be able to chat with each other. They would not only be able to see who is currently viewing the vid but who else viewed in the past too. They'd be able to see the other viewers' profiles. That is the benefit of the doorway page or the extra click to the doorway/middleman page.
    When each of them click each others' profile pages on the doorway page then each of them would earn per click too as the profile pages would be ppc links aswell.
    That means, when throughout the year, this same vid gets viewed by thousands or millions of people, all of them would land in that same doorway page and find thousands/millions of profile links of the other viewers. If Requinix is lucky and gets tonnes of clicks to his profile then he earns tonnes of ppc click income.
    Look at it this way. I got tonnes of curious members here viewing my profile. Just who is this girl.guy with all these unique ideas. Now, am I earning any income from all these views ? No. On my vid SE, when someone out of curiosity views your profile they'd first be redirected to a doorway page (likewise) and of the ad networkd that you signup to manages to present an ad to your profile viewers then you earn money per ad click or ad view.
    If after this, you people do not understand my basic idea then what can I say. i am learning my lesson never to debate business with programmers. Best leave them to what they do best and that is: PROGRAMMING.
    Is all this straightforwardly explained to you guys now ?
    Last edited by UniqueIdeaMan; June 30th, 2018 at 07:36 AM.
  5. Impoverished Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by UniqueIdeaMan
    You did not understand.
    No, I understood: you want to use YouTube videos as bait to send visitors to ad-enabled pages before they get to see the video. That is not allowed.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thumbs down

No, I understood: you want to use YouTube videos as bait to send visitors to ad-enabled pages before they get to see the video. That is not allowed.
    Oh! Now allowed ?
    Yes, you did understand, it seems. But, where on the youtube TOS it says it is not allowed ? Few yrs back I saw a script built based on this same principle and it was advertised I think on Warrior Forum or somewhere.
    My extra bit of idea is to not only show ads on the doorway page but show the vid stats (which members viewed the same vid).
    Showing ads on the doorway page is not my unique idea. Showing stats of who else viewed it and provide facility for each viewer to chat with each other regarding the vid, is.
    I like you Requinix. It did not take me long to get my mssg through to you like it does with others. Especially Catacaustic. Oh! getting through to him is a nightmare! He reckons I do not know what I am talking about but when he reads your reply he will understand that I do and you understand me very well and so I ain't chatting crap.

Ok. Requinix. Since you understood or now understand my idea. Let us chisel it here and there on the sharp edges so we do not get flagged by youtube.
    How to proceed forward so youtube never objects ? Any ideas ? Remember, I need to open a new php project on this and when I get stuck on this or that feature I can open more threads on your forum.
    This project, I reckon, I can finish overnight working on my existing projects' skeletons.
    I just hope I do not have to open a youtube competition site. I do not think a vps would be fast enough to load all the vids hosted on my vps.
    And I ain't interested in a dedicated server, right at the beginning. Maybe, I look for video hosts ? What is your suggestion ?
    I think few yrs back I saw some free hosts available who allow you to build youtube like sites. They place their sponsor ads and share 50% of the ad income with you. Can't remember their names.
    Just have to find the paid hosts now if I can't find them anymore.
    Anyway, I'm all ears. Any suggestions on how to go over this youtube obstacle ?
    Last edited by UniqueIdeaMan; July 2nd, 2018 at 04:45 AM.
  9. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I like you Requinix. It did not take me long to get my mssg through to you like it does with others. Especially Catacaustic. Oh! getting through to him is a nightmare! He reckons I do not know what I am talking about but when he reads your reply he will understand that I do and you understand me very well and so I ain't chatting crap.
    I know what you mean most times, I just don't agree that it's as good of an idea as you thhink that it is. That's all. All that you do is publicise peoples actions, and as I've said many times over before, every social media platform today does the same thing easier. I know that you're planning to give payments and all, but I still don't agree that it will get as much mone as you think that it will.

Of course, I'm always happy to be proved wrong, so again, show us one finished system, and we'll be able to see how things actually work, instead of just hearing the same thing from you every time.

I just hope I do not have to open a youtube competition site. I do not think a vps would be fast enough to load all the vids hosted on my vps.
    And I ain't interested in a dedicated server, right at the beginning. Maybe, I look for video hosts ? What is your suggestion ?
    If you think that you'll open a site to "complete" with YouTube using a single VPS... well, I just can't laugh hard enough at that one. To be even 1% of their capacity you'd need to look at multiple racks of dedicated servers, along with petabytes of storage space. YouTube doesn't just host videos. Unless you're goint to spend a few million $$$ on hardware, bandwidth and staff, you won't ever get there. Sorry, but that's how it is.

I think few yrs back I saw some free hosts available who allow you to build youtube like sites. They place their sponsor ads and share 50% of the ad income with you. Can't remember their names.
    Pretty much every one fo those shut odwn because they weren't worth running. YouTube did it better, faster and cheaper so there was nothing that they could do.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Cat,

Again you misunderstood me.
    I said I do not want to run a youtube competition site (video host) and so best I display youtube vids on me vid SE (hosted on vps). But, since Requinix is saying I can't bait youtube vids then best we improve on my idea so we can still use youtube vids without youtube objecting.
    If there is no way we can get round youtube prohibitions then will have to run a youtube competition site. And to do that, I know I have to run my own dedicated server (clusters all across the globe in many continents). But, I ain't interested in running even a single dedicated server and so I need to find a video host (who display their sponsor ads on our vid pages) and use their resources (dedicated server/clustered servers) or find some other alternative which I cannot think of at the moment.

Anyway, about my 2 other projects (web proxy & SE (not the vid SE)). I found a vps who will provide unlimited bandwidth. They're in the former Souviet Union.
    I did not want to provide my credit card details to foreign companies and so wanted to pay by BitCoin:
    https://login.blockchain.com/#/signup
    They do not require you to provide your id by taking a pic of yourself holding some kind of message they tell you to hold in-front of a cam to prove your id. Other BitCoin wallet providers expect you to do this drama.
    But for some reason, they have disabled the funding feature. I'm unable to fund my account with my credit card. And so, I then decided to risk my credit card by ordering direct to the vps host but 3 attempts and they failed to chrge the card and showed error in Slavic language. Really did my head in last fri.
    Ever since, I found myself stuck in a puddle of mud not knowing what to do next. Either gonna have to find another vps host (everyone I found apart from this one place bandwidth limits such as 2TB) or find ways to pay this existing vps host in the former Souviet Union.
    I've been drifting now for 2.5 days now not coming to any solution.
    Now thinking, maybe I google for "buy bitcoin" exchanges and buy BitCoins via my credit card and fund my Block Chain wallet.
    Well, that was an account of what is happening with my 1st project: Web Proxy.
    Now, if I can't get over all these messes of how to hire a vps then I'm gonna have to stick to my current shared host who won't allow web proxies.
    Gonna have to continue my 2nd project with them: Searchengine.
    The searchengine that I want to compete with google. You know, the one that publicizes your keyword search history and publicizes currently which ranked link (on the SERP) you are browsing and alerts all the competing sites to your profile for them to see what you're searching for and make you offers where you earn money for reading each offer. And you earn ppc income when the competing sites check your profile.
    That one can be run via cURL.
    But to build my own SE like google. I have to build my own web crawler or use other major Searchengine's APIs.
    And we know APIs always have this or that restrictions and suddenly might start charging for tonnes of searches or block the searches and my SE would get a bad name.
    Best not to rely on other party searchengines and listen to their selfish dictations. That leaves me no choice but to continue my 3rd project to build my own web crawler (which I put on hold to complete my 1st project). And then my 2nd project (google like SE) would be finished too. I see my SE project as 2nd project and the web crawler project as a separate 3rd project because originally I had no intentions of building my own web crawler for my SE (2nd project). Telling you all this just incase you're wondering why my SE is one project and the web crawler another since they should be a single project.
    Now can you see why I can never complete a project without starting another ? Always one obstacle after another.
    Paying the vps has become a trouble now for my 1st project. Else, this would have been released publicly on last friday.
    Ah! I'm tired. Gonna drift a little now and google for a new BitCoin Wallet who do not ask for silly requirements to prove your id.
    If I can't find one by tonight then gonna have to put the 1st project on hold and continue the 2nd and the 3rd on my shared host. If things get rolling fast (my venture soars sky-high) then I can think of vps or dedicated server for this one later. As of now, I'm tired searching for vps hosts and BitCoin Wallets and reading up on BitCoins etc. Been doing this for over a mnth now learning ins and outs of BitCoining etc.
    This youtube project or "Vid SE" was my 4th project.
    I'm facing obstacles on every project now apart from the 3rd. On the 2nd project, was gonna use Sphider web crawler for my SE but that is showing deprecated warnings. If I can fix this then my 2nd project would be complete.
    Might aswell try fixing this from tomorrow. That way, while y 1st project (web proxy with the vps) is dangling and while my 3rd project (web crawler that is half complete) is dangling too and while my 4th project (Vid SE) is dangling aswell, I can finish this 2nd project (my SE).

Do any of you guys know of a BitCoin Wallet that I can fund with a credit card that does not ask for id proof such as passport details or a pic of me holding some stupid text they tell me to hold in-front of a cam ?
    Googling: "which bitcoin wallets do not ask for id proof ?"
    Last edited by UniqueIdeaMan; July 2nd, 2018 at 05:35 AM.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Finished reading:
    https://howtobuybitcoin.io/buying-btc-no-id/
    I liked what I read at this section:
    Protect your documents against identity theft

Now reading:
    https://www.bitcongress.org/bitcoin/...in-without-id/
    But the English is awful.Struggling a little to understand them.
    Last edited by UniqueIdeaMan; July 2nd, 2018 at 06:07 AM.
  15. Impoverished Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

This site is not your personal blog. If you have a question relevant to an existing thread of yours, ask it. If you have a new question, make a new thread. If you want to talk about buying bitcoins or paying for a VPS or whatever other inane ramblings you feel inclined to, create a blog at wordpress.com or wherever and let loose there.

But, where on the youtube TOS it says it is not allowed ?
    Section 4D.
  17. Wiser? Not exactly.
    Devshed God 2nd Plane (6000 - 6499 posts)

Keep in mind also that even if you find some way to exploit youtube's infrastructure that isn't currently against their terms of service, there's always the following:

Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Terms of Service, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version https://www.youtube.com/t/terms). YouTube may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms of Service and policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Nothing in these Terms of Service shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
    If YouTube decides they don't like what you're doing, they can simply change the terms of service to prohibit it and terminate your access.
    Recycle your old CD's

If I helped you out, show some love with some reputation, or tip with Bitcoins to 1N645HfYf63UbcvxajLKiSKpYHAq2Zxud
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

This site is not your personal blog. If you have a question relevant to an existing thread of yours, ask it. If you have a new question, make a new thread. If you want to talk about buying bitcoins or paying for a VPS or whatever other inane ramblings you feel inclined to, create a blog at wordpress.com or wherever and let loose there.

Section 4D.
    Well spoken!
    And, cheers for the point-out.
    Reading this after 13 days.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by kicken
    Keep in mind also that even if you find some way to exploit youtube's infrastructure that isn't currently against their terms of service, there's always the following:

If YouTube decides they don't like what you're doing, they can simply change the terms of service to prohibit it and terminate your access.
    Yeah. Ok. I understand.
    But, I reckon youtube might not have a problem with what i want to do. I still got to checkout that section Requinix is talking about before I come to my conclusion.
  23. Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Yeah. Ok. I understand.
    But, I reckon youtube might not have a problem with what i want to do. I still got to checkout that section Requinix is talking about before I come to my conclusion.
    A simple question then: will anyone be making more money out of this than Youtube? If yes then I can almost guarantee they ain't gonna like it!
    The moon on the one hand, the dawn on the other:
    The moon is my sister, the dawn is my brother.
    The moon on my left and the dawn on my right.
    My brother, good morning: my sister, good night.
    -- Hilaire Belloc
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo