1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
    I'm working on a site for UC Berkeley and I would like to implement a membership system in which user info is stored in a mySQL database. Once registered as members, they can customize the look and feel of the site. I understand this involves php, mySQL, and cookies. My ultimate goal is to have a site with customizations such as the noes on www.gamers.com (uses ASP - bleh!) and www.excite.com (perl)

I need a bright developer ASAP. I can't afford to pay currently, but it's something you can put on your resume.
  3. No Profile Picture

The easiest way around is to make a userpref-table in which you put the UserID, name etc. and the prefered lay-out properties.
    The UserID you put into the cookie, and each time the user visits your site the cookie is read and the preferences are taken from the userpref-table.
    Then you build up the page with PHP according to the user preferences.
    I'm far too busy at the moment, but I can help you out on tiny bits if you need to. Just send an email.

Regards, Peter
  5. No Profile Picture
    Yeah, I know sorta how it's supposed to be done, but I don't know how to do it myself. I'm not a programmer. I only know HTML and graphics.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Not paying. Darn. I can't ever find the time to code for site. But some how money always makes time.

BlueWaldo, GameLeague