1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

My apologies for the length of this - it requires a bit of explanation. I have 2 databases. Database 1 is fully populated while db2 is not. When I list the contents of db1, I need to query a single field in db2. An id key links the 2 db's, allowing me to pull an ownership flag from db2 and apply it to db1. That field may be null, but it may also contain a zero or a one (I'm populating the db via a checkbox). I am trying to peel out that one and use it to set an icon when any contents of db1 are listed.

So far, I've tried the 'mysql_num_rows' but that pulls back all the ones plus all the zeroes - no good. I can differentiate between the data but, even though I get the results I want, I also get the '$xxx is not an object' message when I fetch and it hits nulls and blows up in the fetch. I've tried all sorts of if statement, isSets, and even tried to set all the non 1 data going into that field into nulls so I could use the num_rows, but, so far, zip.

I've looked at the mySQL forum and while there is a similar question, mine is a stop beyond. Also have been all through the PHP site plus my well worn copy of O'Reilly's "MySQL and mSQL"

The select statement currently looks like:
    $stockquery=mysql_db_query('models',"select own from vehicles where not isnull(stock) and carID=$carID ");

Thanks for any help anyone could offer. And, again, sorry for the length.

bbarker
  3. No Profile Picture
    Apprentice Deity
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Niagara Falls (On the wrong side of the gorge)
    Maybe I'm missing something because this seems obvious. Instead of not isnull(stock) why not use where stock=1?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Doh! I've been looking at this waaaay too long. I could feel there was an easy solution but just couldn't get it off the tip of my brain. Changed the selected, reverted back to the num_rows function and all is great. Thanks!