1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I've been trying to store an form inputted date into a database and then retreive it, but it doesn't come out the same when I pull it out of the database. I have noted that MySQL has date column types which store dates in reverse sequence to the mktime() function in php, so I tried using a MEDIUMINT column for storing the date. Do I need to reverse the order of the date and then store it in one of the DATE type columns in MySQL or what? This is puzzling me.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Robert_J_Sherman
    Well, naturally you have several options:

1st - If you want to use mktime() you can always store your unix datestamp (what's generated via mktime() into a varchar field)

2nd - Instead of mktime() you would probably want to use the "date()" function to store the date in the mySQL format.

But, as I understand that date fields of mysql are automatic.. not sure really, I tend to use the 1st method.

5. No Profile Picture
    Robert_J_Sherman
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robert_J_Sherman:
    Well, naturally you have several options:

1st - If you want to use mktime() you can always store your unix datestamp (what's generated via mktime() into a varchar field)

2nd - Instead of mktime() you would probably want to use the "date()" function to store the date in the mySQL format.

But, as I understand that date fields of mysql are automatic.. not sure really, I tend to use the 1st method.

If you use the date() function, you'll want to pull your date according to the date function of mysql, like yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss

the php date() function can create your date stamp like this..

reversing the order isn't too dificult either, you have a variety of method to accomplish this, mysql can do it..

[/quote]

------------------
    SnR Graphics,
    Low Cost Hosting and Web Development.