Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Kevin
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
    I'm looking for a cheap host where I can start learning PHP3. Does anyone have a favorite (and inexpensive) host? One of the cheapest and most-featured I've found is http://www.stormweb.net , but they only give you 10 megs for ~$13. The prices rise steeply for more space.

Thanks,
    Kevin
  3. No Profile Picture
    Kaoslord
    Take a look at jumpline.net. They are pretty damn good, they are 14.95, 50 megs, mySQL, a lot of bandwidth and the servers are pretty fast, thats where im hostes and Im very happy with it.
  5. No Profile Picture
    drstoke
    For $19.95, communitech.net gives you PHP,
    MySQL and 340 MB of diskspace.

7. No Profile Picture
    JGriffin
    You really need to check out Millenium Web Services. They offer hosting for only $14.95/month and give you 40 MB of space. You also get a ton of features including PHP/FI, mSQL, HTMLscript, SSL, SSI and much more!

http://www.2kws.com

[This message has been edited by JGriffin (edited 07-01-99).]
  9. No Profile Picture
    kumars
    Is any of the above "domin hosting" service providers will provide PHPLIB.

PHPLIB is important to me since all my scripts are based on PHPLIB.

Suresh
  11. No Profile Picture
    kumars
    Is any of the above "domin hosting" service providers will provide PHPLIB.

PHPLIB is important to me since all my scripts are based on PHPLIB.

Suresh
  13. No Profile Picture
    cronk
    I can provide PHP hosting for $20/month with 350MB of storage and unlimited bandwidth.

visit http://consulting.cronk.org/hosting for more info
  15. No Profile Picture
    kp
    PhiloHosting.com has a great offer.

50meg, 5 POP Email accounts w/ unlimited forwarding, CGI-Bin Access, PHP/SQL Support, Website Control Panel, Several pre-installed perl/cgi scripts, custom cgi scripts allowed, and a lot more.

The cost is only $15/month.

For more details go to http://www.philohosting.com/hosting.html
  17. No Profile Picture
    trip
    Try http://www.hosting-canada.com I pay only 19.95 Canadian for 25MB and the support in great.
  19. No Profile Picture
    gash
    I think some of the guys in here should take just a little bit less time promoting their own hosting services and a little bit more time checking out the alternatives that are free. I dont know about the US since i'm from sweden. But i do belive there must be some sort of free providing for PHP as well.
    And since Kevin is only looking for a place to LEARN php the bandwidth really doesnt need to be that big.

/gash
  21. No Profile Picture
    Projecto EINet
    Hi Kevin,

Try to see http://www.nova-atlantida.com .

They started with 25 Mb and 5 pop email accounts for about $6.95 for a non-commercial account to unlimited space, 50 pop email, 10 "park", Majordomo, Referer logs for about $39.95

All accounts have 2 DS3(T3) GTE backbone (90 Mb/s), unlimeted email aliases, Frontpage 2000 Extensions, Auto responder, Anonymous FTP unlimited, can use your own CGI, mSQL 2.0.3, MySQL, JAVA, PERL, shtml, shockwave, php3, C++, TCL, Python and a lot of another pre-builded CGI goodies for you to use freely.

They are the best that I've founded.

Best regards,

Lopo
  23. No Profile Picture
    jamesh
    I'm with Gash on this one.
    What's the moderator up to when all this advertising was going on? If this was a newsgroup or a list-serv, it wouldn't be tolorated.

Bummer
  25. No Profile Picture
    johnr
    I've got to second Kaoslord's recommondation to Jumpline.net: 50 pop3's, plenty of bandwidth, 50megs. ssi's, ssl's, and more. But most important, they're quick with support responses.

John R.
  27. No Profile Picture
    rod k
    I agree about jumpline. Fantastic service and a great package. And unlike some services, they don't gouge you if you need some add on space, bandwidth, etc.

To the people complaining about the "advertising" in this thread: Grow up. The subject clearly states what is in the thread. If that wasn't enough to warn you not to read it that's your problem. This is a very useful thread for someone just starting to look for a host with php support and IS on topic. I only saw a couple posts that were blantently posted by the provider.
  29. No Profile Picture
    gash
    Kevin, do like this.
    Get PHP3, mySQL and Apache.
    They all exist for both win32 and UNIX platforms. Read the VERY good documentation available here at devshed and on the sites of the respective creators. This way you will not only learn to program PHP but allso the trick of setting up a complete system.
    I started out running on win95 and it took me about 2hours to figure out how to set up and start using both PHP and mySQL.

Try it out...
    /gash
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page: