1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I am just new at PHP and data base. Yesterday, I uploaded phpmyadmin to my web space and it ran quite well. I was albe to create table and inserted data one by one on that form. However, when I tried to pour my CSV data onto the table using 'load text files into tables' function, it just returned the error messages. I tried with delimeters like ; , , but neither of them worked. Could you help me?

Thank you for reading my question.
  3. Banned (not really)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Does the MySQL user your using have file permissions? I think they are needed...

---John Holmes...
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

yep,
    I had the same problem with a hosting company. There systems was not user based....... meaning that you didn't have permission to load files into the default directory (/var/tmp/ or something like that). it was a big pain in the butt. my advise is to talk to your hosting company about this. or simply change hosting companies. use someone who allows this....... ie permissions (File_priv in the mysql database)as John Holmes mentioned...
    hope that helps,
    ccbcreg
  7. No Profile Picture

I am really impressed with such quick replies! Thanks! I seem to have found a solution and actually, the problem arose from my poor knowledge about character code. Without experience for systems other than WIndows, I didn't pay enough attention to character and return code. I converted the CSV data to EUC with LF return code(I didn't know this is a standard for Unix) and did the same thing, everything went for well! But your advice will be great information handle a future trouble, I believe!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

cool deal....
    nice to hear that.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo