1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I'm very new to PHP (2 weeks experience at most), and I've written a searchable database script to store information in a MySQL database. I have a couple pages (add and edit) that I wish to password protect.

I found this script, php_mini_auth (http://phpminiauth.webmeta.com), to use for protecting the administration pages. Last night, I had everything working great. But then, today when I woke up to do some more work, it started giving me problems.

The script uses a MySQL db and cookies to authenticate users.

When you submit a username and password, it takes you to the protected page, but with these errors at the top:
    ---
    Warning: error_log: Unable to write to /home/ufighting/www/logs/auth_log in auth.inc on line 108

Warning: Oops, php3_SetCookie called after header has been sent in auth.inc on line 91
    ---

Also, it asks you to log in every time you do something within these protected pages.

I've made no changes to the files since last night when they were working. I'm not sure how much help anyone can give without seeing the code, but I'd rather not post it all here for security reasons.

The main administration page is located at http://www.ufighting.com/profile/admin.php3. Username is "admin" and password is "temp".

Any ideas on what could be causing the problem, or maybe a better way I could go about protecting just a couple pages within the profile directory?

Thanks

------------------
    Josh Hedges
    jhedges4@home.com
  3. No Profile Picture

Problem solved. It was a problem with the file permissions.

------------------
    Josh Hedges
    jhedges4@home.com
  5. No Profile Picture

Hey

I'm having a problem with phpminiauth, and maybe you can help me.

when the script is executed I get :

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at
    /var/lib/apache/htdocs/admin/index.php:7) in /var/lib/apache/auth/auth.inc on line 91

Do you know how to resolve this ?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo