1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I'm trying to create a database for the company that will be used by 'Users'. I have two problems, 1) The user can refresh the page and 2) The user can use the back button.

Is there anyway to:
    1) I want the page to be uploaded each time, not cached. I've tried using the header approach and was still able to refresh the page without any noticable results when I've refreshed and hit the back button.

2) A way to disable the back button.

I think on the second point is impossible, but hey I'm told nothing is impossible on computers (Usually right beforeI get asked to do something tricky). Thanks for reading this and if you can help thanks.

Raven
  3. No Profile Picture

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raven:
    I'm trying to create a database for the company that will be used by 'Users'. I have two problems, 1) The user can refresh the page and 2) The user can use the back button.

Is there anyway to:
    1) I want the page to be uploaded each time, not cached. I've tried using the header approach and was still able to refresh the page without any noticable results when I've refreshed and hit the back button.

2) A way to disable the back button.

I think on the second point is impossible, but hey I'm told nothing is impossible on computers (Usually right beforeI get asked to do something tricky). Thanks for reading this and if you can help thanks.

Raven
    [/quote]

In order to prevent the page being cached put the following code at the top of the page

<?
    header("Pragma:-no-cache");

?>

This'll stop it being cached

Can't help you with the other problem at the moment. I'll keep my eye open for you
  5. No Profile Picture

For the back button problem, you could use javascript and location.replace(http...) to go to the next page without being able to go back to the current page. I don't know of another way to do it without disabling the toolbar itself, and even then they could use keyboard anyway.

[This message has been edited by webpro (edited November 22, 2000).]

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo