1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

PDF to Flip book (Link in pdf should work in flip book)

Hi All,

I am working on a web portal, which display PDF files as Flip book for that I converted all pdf pages into images then create a flip book its working fine but,
    if pdf file have some links in it after converting that into image they are not click-able becaz its an image but that link should be click-able, Is there any way of creating pdf file into flip book in php or jquery, I googled it but failed, Can anyone give me a some reference or some solution.

Thank in Advance.
  3. Confused badger
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

I don't really have much experience with flip-books but I found via google this website which seems to have a tool which fits your needs --> this website

Worth a look I guess and it's free as far as I know
    "For if leisure and security were enjoyed by all alike, the great mass of human beings who are normally stupefied by poverty would become literate and would learn to think for themselves; and when once they had done this, they would sooner or later realise that the privileged minority had no function and they would sweep it away"
    - George Orwell, 1984
  5. No Profile Picture

I have already seen that web site, I don't need a software , wanna integrate in web application.

Anyway, Thank you very much for ur reply...
  7. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Not really. There are two major things working against you here. The first is that PHP is run on the server side and is therefore useless for animations, and the second is that I am pretty certain that there are no JavaScript libraries (at least browser compatible libraries) capable of parsing a PDF and writing one yourself is not feasible.

JavaScript could probably do the animations OK with the assistance of HTML5, but it couldn't convert it from PDF.

PHP could potentially read the PDF, however transferring that data to JavaScript in some meaningful format would be virtually impossible.

PHP could also potentially execute an external program that converts the PDF into Flash. But you would need an external program that does that, and I know nothing about flip books so I can't make any recommendations.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  9. No Profile Picture

I have used kvisoft flipbook maker to convert pdf to flash flip book.
    Search "kvisoft" in google, you'll find it.

It gives you an easy-to-use way to convert PDF to Flash flip book with page flipping animation effects without any programming skills. This type of flip book software turns your PDF documents to flipping online magazines, e-books, e-newspaper, online catalogs, and other publications for online sharing.
  11. No Profile Picture

well, I am a sincere customer of xFlip flip page software, I just try to search the solution and find the tool finally, lots of users comment it after using it, and the effect is very desired. I really love it.
  13. No Profile Picture

Smile

Oh, I was stuck in finding this similar tool for a long time ago, it's really a headache, as there are a lot of tools which can't enable the links of my PDF files to be worked. Then luckily, I got a recommendation from forum: the flash flipbook software can help me easily create page flip book with my original links. That's great, so I hope this can also help you. Visit the site: 3dpageflip.com

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo