1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Showing urls in table as links?

Hello,I have a big problem - with a simple form I insert 2 text fields - name and text into database.When i try to post a link into the text box he is saved as text in the database and then when I try to show the results in table the links are shown as text and I'm not able to click on them(tried with <a href... also show it as text).Any suggestion how to solve this?I'm open to easy way to integrate bb code or something.
    I'm still very new to php programming and i need the very basic things.

I'm using Xampp(ver. 3.0.12) on local machine.

Sorry if I didn't explain good...
    Thanks!
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Show how you're printing this, and what you mean by "tried with a href"
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

The Solutions of the problem.

Dear Friend

You have this link: http://localhost/text/example.php
    If data is saved in this form then fetch it and use it inside anchor tag , in its href attribute.
    Insert as: [PHPNET=""]<a href=”<?php echo $dbobject[‘fieldname’]?>”>my link</a>[/PHPNET]

Thanks
    Diya

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo