November 10th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Need advice for optimal way to build site
We are working on a website where we have list of topics (topics are static and are stored in database, ~5000 topics) and for each topic we need to display following information using tabs:
1. Statics content to display for each topic
2. Interesting static articles related to topic (stored in database so will be displayed using simple select statement)
3. Audio/Video related to topic (dynamic content)
4. Wiki functionality (similar to article/talk of Wikipedia) for each topic and this will be dynamic content
We would like that all the functionality of website will be done using our customized UI so no need to use admin or control panel and also all the content will be from same UI, What is the best way to implement this website:
1. Build complete website using MediaWiki
2. Use Php famework (codeigniter, cakephp) to build 1-3 from above list and call mediawiki api for article/talk functionality (not sure how will we related and store content in mediawiki tables and link to our topic tables?)
3. Use Use Php famework (codeigniter, cakephp) and call some other simple wiki plugin to implement functionality, what are other options of wiki modules?
November 14th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Any feedback on building the wiki style website will be appreciated.
Originally Posted by rubs76