1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Send Raw Data to Printer

Hi everybody,
    i'm working on a warehouse management system based on php-javascript-mysql and we're working in an incoming parts module where for every parts that come into warehouse the web-application should create a barcode and print it automatically on printer.

We've done without any problem everything until automatic print: i think that there's no way to do it in php and we've also used jzebra without any result.

Have u got any suggest/idea to do it??
    Really tnx a lot to everybody.
    Bye Paolo.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

You need to provide more info. Are you trying to print on the client or server (since jZebra is javascript it won't work on the server)? What is the OS and can you print manually? If so what command do you use?
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  5. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You can't just start printing (easily, anyway), you have to use the OS's printer dialog like every other application. You can use the zebra printers and queue up hundreds of barcodes for printing all at once, but you still need a user to click "ok" on the print dialog.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi Guys,
    first of all tnx a lot for your answers.

Let me give u a feedback about what u ask me:

Are you trying to print on the client or server?
    Print as i've think about is a client print, so javascript should be a good way. Every user works on Win XP and currently has no rules about Browser Choice, but we should force that choice on one specific browser if it works good.

You can use the zebra printers and queue up hundreds of barcodes for printing all at once, but you still need a user to click "ok" on the print dialog.
    It's just like what we did at this time. But if possible I would like to bypass "ok clicking". We've worked on jZebra Code and it seems it works, but it's reallly instable and that's why we're thinking about another possible solution.

Really tnx a lot guys and if u have any idea...i'm here to listen it

Bye Paolo.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo