1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Iframe / joomla / aMember issue

Hello All, hope you can help.

This is becoming rather annoying, so I hope someone can help me.

Im trying to update a form - which is then loaded into an iframe - with the addition of another checkbox. however it simply isn't happening.

At first i thought i was perhaps updating the wrong .php page, so i disabled the link to the iframe and sure enough, I no longer had access to it. It's definitely the right .php page.

One thing i should include, in case it makes a difference, is the following. Im worknig on development site, a copy of the original. The copy was only created this morning (0900 GMT). Is it possible that some of the links weren't change from site1.com to dev.site.com, and so are therefore pointing to the old pages. would that have any bearing on this problem?

I don't understand why this is the case, so if anyone has any ideas as to how / why this may happen, i'd love to hear from you.

Your help is appreciated and welcome as always.

Kind regards
    MG
    Last edited by mind_grapes; January 30th, 2013 at 10:00 AM. Reason: forgot to include some info i felt may be helpful
  3. For POny!

Ctrl + F5 the page
    if nothing still shows can you directly access the form?
    If so view the source on the page hat contains the iframe and see if it is actually refering to that form. Hope this helps.

Sorry for.possible spelling type on a phone
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I can get direct access to the page, but even then the newly added checkbox doesn't display. I'll have to get back to it. I'm prob doing something wrong.

Kind regards
    MG
  7. No Profile Picture

First of all, check that form, whether it is referring to the iframe and reload it again. I think. The form you are trying to update may not be referring to the iframe.
  9. For POny!

I can get direct access to the page, but even then the newly added checkbox doesn't display.
    Did you refresh the page (ctrl+F5, without getting a cached version)?
    If you look in the source, do you see the element you added, or do you maybe have a syntax error in the html?

If you got it live somewhere I could have a look if you want.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies.

Just to update you, this has now been sorted. I ended up updating the live site directly - making a back up first of course - and it's now working.

I'm not sure why the it wasn't pointing to the correct iframe, but since its working on the main site, i guess it no longer matters - sorry i cant provide more info.

In the end i added a new checkbox directly to the live site code and it worked.

Thanks once again

Kind regards
    MG

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo