1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question about php session error

I have inherited a new website which is on a cpanel server with php 5.3.21

Now the website seems to have a custom CMS written in php however I just moved the site to this new server of mine and now I am getting the following error messages on all pages instead of the content loading

Code:
    Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_f4211b90ee82bfa5ff35de86b824904d, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/*****/public_html/subindex.php on line 2

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/*****/public_html/subindex

Now I ssh'ed into my server and looked at the php.ini file that is in usr/local/lib/php and session.save_path = /tmp

Which I think is what it needs to be I also within cpanel went to the file manager and then went up one directory to see the /tmp folder and I changed the permission from 0755 to 0777 on the folder

but still that did not fix it
    I tried searching cpanel forums but see a few people asking about this with no real answer

Hoping someone here might have a suggestion aside from rebuilding the website
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

how about posting your code?

one error regarding headers already sent is because you are outputting something to the screen
  5. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Make sure the files inside /tmp are writable too. Try a chmod 777 on /tmp/sess*

The header error is probably caused by the first error.

Is /tmp on the same filesystem as your web root?

What do you get if you do a "ls -la" in the /tmp directory?
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo