'Please select an image!';

}else{

$image file_get_contents($tn);

$image_name $name;

$image_size getimagesize($tn);

if(
    $image_size == FALSE){

echo 
    'Sorry, but that is not an image!<br /><br /><a href="index.php">Go Back</a>';

}else{

if(!
    mysql_query("INSERT INTO `Group_1` VALUES('', '$image_name', '$desc', '$image')")){

echo 
    'Sorry, but the file upload failed!<br /><br /><a href="index.php">Go Back</a>';

}else{

echo 
    'File upload succesful!';

}

}

}

?>

then when I try to separate the mysql query I get this mysql error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '()*456789:CDEFGHIJSTUVWXYZcdefghijstuvwxyz' at line 1
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

1) Don't use the deprecated MySQL extensions. Switch to PDO and use prepared statements. Your code is wide open to injections.
    2) It is poor programming practice to put a literal string into the call. Instead build the string in a variable. Prior to the call, echo that variable to make sure it contains what you expect.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  5. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Gosh, what you're doing there is gambling. When you throw raw binary data into the query string, the output could be pretty much anything -- not to mention specific attacks on this gigantic security hole (like gw1500se already said).

Check the link in my signature for basic security.

Also, do you actually wanna store the image itself in the database? Because that's a pretty exotic approach, which comes with some drawbacks. Avoid this unless you really know what you're doing (which I'm not so sure about).
    The 6 worst sins of security How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why cant I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What other way is there besides dealing with directories which I have already done and just does not work for the system that I am trying to implement for my client. I am trying to create an admin area for him to where he can change the names of the groups, delete specific images, move images to different groups and stuff like that. Basically create a system that does not involve me having to write out the code to update his changes.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Place the images in directories and put the path in the database. Program your admin pages to move the images to the appropriate directory and update the database accordingly. As the admin deletes, moves and changes groups, your program will have 2 tasks for each. One to update the database (again using PDO and prepared statements) and the other to manage the physical location of the image files accordingly.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo