1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Social Networking

Please I need a help: am working on a social networking website using PHP. But I have a challenge when working on users status post update. If a user login, all of his/her post comes first then followed by his/her friends irrespective of whether his/her friends post are the latest post.
    I got the list of his/her friends id from the database, explode it by , and then pass it through a foreach and then use the variable to fetch the post from the post table.
    Please I need your help. I want it to be working like facebook status updates. Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What is your question?
    Thomas Tremain
  5. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

explode it by ,
    You're doing it wrong. Research third normal form.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo