1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

PHP application help

Hello, first of all, i want to introduce myself to these forums.
    I'm Alex, i'm 23, and i'm a student.
    Now the php stuff:
    In a few days i will participate in a contest, we've already got the subject, but i never heard of these terms before.
    A little help would be apreciated.

Creating a web application that can expose a particular type of REST APIs in an easy format, to be used by a user without programming knowledge.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

If you Google REST API, you should find what you need.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  5. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

The wiki article is really confusing, actually.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  7. No Profile Picture

Can you guys provide some examples?
  9. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

There's not only the Wikipedia. This tutorial looks pretty good:

http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/ot...http-and-rest/

When you're already familiar with the HTTP basics, you can even skip some parts.

The idea behind REST is pretty simply: Instead of building all kinds of protocols on top of HTTP, why not use HTTP itself? REST is a kind of "HTTP rediscovered". When you understand HTTP and realize there's more than GET and POST, it won't be difficult to understand REST (at least that's my experience).
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  11. No Profile Picture

Thank you, i'll read more about REST.
    It's just that i'm so overwhelmed by the situation, don't know where to begin

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo