1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Help making a drop down menu + upload file button

Hi, I'm trying to make a drop down menu for my website but I'm having trouble. I'm also trying to make a button where I can upload a file and it will automatically put it onto the page using this type of button: pastie.org/private/woj8bi4dtl6kkiocicvag
    For this site: freemanlegalservices.com/arrestwarrants.html
    Can you help me?
    Here is all the code:
    Index.html: pastie.org/private/znxrfwyeuxzjwqq5sjvlqq
    Arrestwarrants.html: pastie.org/private/ju34tlkoahjrlvl0tsl3dq
    style.css: pastie.org/private/vdutnt8jd3wrvjnls1r2aw
    upload_file.php: pastie.org/private/jv6nh1icau2hoehxflfvig
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Are you offering to pay for this work you want done? So far all you've given is a LOT of code, and a work request. I can move this to the hire-a-programmer forum if you want.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    Are you offering to pay for this work you want done? So far all you've given is a LOT of code, and a work request. I can move this to the hire-a-programmer forum if you want.
    I don't think making a drop down menu bar and an upload button is a lot of work. Somebody good could do it in 5 minutes.

Comments on this post

• ptr2void disagrees : Someone "good" won't do it for free.
  7. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Someone good also has a cost for contract work. Mine is $250/hr with a 2 hour minimum. If I did the 5 minutes of work requested for every person who posted to the site, it would be 10-12 hours a day of free labor.

Pay someone $10 in the hire-a-programmer forum or rentacoder or something. It would only take you 5 minutes to change my tire, that doesn't mean it isn't rude for me to walk up to you and say "here's my car, I need the tire changed."
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

i am waiting for jacques to come in here and make a comment.. I loved his last comment to someone else whom he called "an uber help vampire" or something.. i loled at that.
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    Someone good also has a cost for contract work. Mine is $250/hr with a 2 hour minimum. If I did the 5 minutes of work requested for every person who posted to the site, it would be 10-12 hours a day of free labor.

Pay someone $10 in the hire-a-programmer forum or rentacoder or something. It would only take you 5 minutes to change my tire, that doesn't mean it isn't rude for me to walk up to you and say "here's my car, I need the tire changed."
    how did you know i'm a vehicle mechanic?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo