1. A Change of Season
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Nobbies beach, Gold Coast. It's beautiful.

Encapsulation! Is there really a good enough reason to use bug words?

Why not just call it accessibility or visibility type? Big words like Encapsulation are really not neccessary specially not convenient for non Englsh speakers.

Comments on this post

• Jacques1 disagrees : Are you bored? ;-)
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

What's the whole point of this thread? None of us invented the term, nobody forces you to use it.

"Data encapsulation", "inheritance" etc. are keywords bound to specific concepts of OOP. When you use them, people know right away what you mean (hopefully). But if you don't like them, don't use them. It's that simple.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  5. Come play with me!
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

The point is he doesn't know the answer and wants to understand why.

Most languages, APIs, SDKs, and the like are written or designed by English speaking people. English is the language of programming. That's how it is.
    Encapsulation describes something that has nothing to do with accessibility so I don't know why you picked those terms.
  7. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by requinix
    That's how it is.
    Wow, that explains everything! Who would have guessed that English is a common language in the IT world? I'm sure he'll be delighted by this insight.

Data encapsulation has nothing to do with accessibility? Well, a capsule that's accessible from all directions would be a rather strange capsule ...
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  9. Come play with me!

Hmm, I guess I was confusing encapsulation with... that other one where data is hidden but you aren't really supposed to have access to it... damn what's the term... Ah, whatever.
  11. Come play with me!

Composition! That one. Class encapsulates various functionalities, class is composed of various functionalities...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo