1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Index.php not display right from search engines

This is driving me crazy.....

I'll try to explain it the best that I can in the following detail.

I have this website : Rocketry of Tech that works fine when it is type that way.

But if a person does a search from yahoo, bing or other search engines it comes out like the following

Rockety of Tech

which doesn't, I have tried fixing it in my ISP, Redirecting the sub-directories, changing the .htaccess file from using Google, Bing and other search engines results that I typed in. I would think there's a solution to this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

P.S. I know technically this isn't "PHP", but I didn't know where to put this in?
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Start your CSS link with a slash:

<link href="css/user_style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" >

Should be:

<link href="/css/user_style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" >

Comments on this post

• Strider64 agrees : Thanks
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. Contributing User

Well, that fixed it partially for now it is styling with css.

However, it's not displaying my login and a few other html tag elements. I has something to do with www.rocketryoftech.com/rockets/ path

If only I could redirect that path or have it where it ignores /rockets/ part of the path?

Thanks for your help, for at least it has gotten me thinking how to correct it.

I still think there's a solution to this?

John
  7. Contributing User

Just want to say I figured it out, I just had to add "/" to a few other lines and it now totally works. A little weird, but it works. Thanks ManiacDan that diffidently steered me in the right direction!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo