1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to ping a website link in PHP??

Hi all, I have a problem to ping a website link. I have to ping many links placed in my textarea. Below is the code :

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/
    ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    $(function()
    {

$("#content").focus(function()
    {
    $(this).animate({"height": "85px",}, "fast" );
    $("#button_block").slideDown("fast");
    return false;
    });

$("#cancel").click(function()
    {
    $("#content").animate({"height": "30px",}, "fast" );
    $("#button_block").slideUp("fast");
    return false;
    });

});
    </script>

<form method="post" action="con1.php">

Enter Keywords:
    <input name="keywords" type="text" value=""><br/><br/>
    Enter Your Links :
    <textarea name="contents" rows="3" cols="20"></textarea>
    <div id="button_block">
    <input type="submit" id="button" value=" Submit "/>
    <input type="submit" id='cancel' value=" cancel" />
    </div>
    </form>

Now this code is the complete design.
    aftr submit it should ping all my links placed in my text area.
    I Tried with google bt dint get the right solution. Can some one please help me out?
    Thanks in advance.
    strad solutionswww.str
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Three months, and you still haven't found the [ CODE ] tags? C'mon.

You should also know by now that we don't hand out free code. If you want somebody to do the work for you, hire a programmer.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Leaving aside the relevances of Jacques's response, I am not at all surpised that code does nothing as all it does, to my untutored eye, is accept input. The 'business end' of this would seem to be the code in con1.php.
    What do you see (in con1.php) when you print the content of the text variable that holds the links you want to use as targets of the ping?
    The moon on the one hand, the dawn on the other:
    The moon is my sister, the dawn is my brother.
    The moon on my left and the dawn on my right.
    My brother, good morning: my sister, good night.
    -- Hilaire Belloc
  7. --

If I understand him correctly, he doesn't have any PHP code yet and wants us to write it for him.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  9. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I really thought that some one will help me out with codes. I was sadly mistaken. Sorry guys for squandering your time.
  11. --

We can help you with concrete questions, but we're not here to write code for free. Sorry.

13. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Asking for someone to do your work for you for free is never going to work around here. If you don't know PHP, we're happy to help you learn it. If you don't want to learn, please post in the hire-a-programmer forum. If you don't want to learn and you don't have any money, ask your friends to do it for you. If you don't have any friends who know PHP, you don't have any money to pay someone, and you don't want to do it yourself, it's not going to get done.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo