1. A Change of Season
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

UPDATING member's account expiry date with Paypay express check out

Hi;

I use Pay pal Express Check out to update member's membership expiry date.

It all works fine I just want to make sure what I have done is a good approach.

My preferred way is to match the email addresses (email address of the account in my website and Pay pal).

But sometimes they may pay with another email address so website's account email IS NOT the same as Pay pals email. So matching emails is not a good approach.

I wonder if I can rely on sessions to update this membership.
    PHP Code:
    $this->session->userdata['logged_data']['member_id']; 
    Is it a good approach or there is something about sessions that I need to know.

Thanks
  3. A Change of Season

Originally Posted by English Breakfast Tea
    Hi;

I use Pay pal Express Check out to update member's membership expiry date.

It all works fine I just want to make sure what I have done is a good approach.

My preferred way is to match the email addresses (email address of the account in my website and Pay pal).

But sometimes they may pay with another email address so website's account email IS NOT the same as Pay pals email. So matching emails is not a good approach.

I wonder if I can rely on sessions to update this membership.
    PHP Code:
    $this->session->userdata['logged_data']['user_id']; 
    Is it a good approach or there is something about sessions that I need to know.

Thanks
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comments on this post

• Jacques1 disagrees
  5. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Don't overdo it. You've been making heavy use of this forum for many years, and now you're starting to get bold.

Comments on this post

• paulh1983 agrees : in fact, i was thinking maybe there should be a sole forum just dedicated to him :p
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  7. A Change of Season

Originally Posted by Jacques1
    Don't overdo it. You've been making heavy use of this forum for many years, and now you're starting to get bold.
    Hi Jacques1;

What are you saying bold man??!!

Exact opposite! My sites are getting hacked receiving 100 s of requests for "private files" on my server coming from Devshed! Looking for phpinfo and config in different directories. Please don't ask for more info. No more public

I guess have shared too much here. I need to remove some code from here. All my responsibility of course.

Makes sense? Please understand, I love this forum.

Thank you
    Last edited by English Breakfast Tea; January 27th, 2014 at 06:46 AM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo