1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Php sends data twice?

I was testing running php script through the image. I have no idea why the following scripts puts two lines of text in my text file?

PHP Code:
    <?php

$name 
    $_GET['name'];

file_put_contents 'test.txt''1'FILE_APPEND );

header('Content-Type: image/jpeg');

// Create a blank image and add some text

$im imagecreatetruecolor(11);

// Set the content type header - in this case image/jpeg

header('Content-Type: image/jpeg');

// Output the image

imagejpeg($im);

// Free up memory

imagedestroy($im);
    ?>
    every time i run this, in the text file i see "11" but i was expecting to see 1.
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Are you sure the text file is indeed empty before you run the script? Also check the script with a debugger so that you can track the control flow.

By the way, why do you set the Content-Type header twice?
    Last edited by Jacques1; January 14th, 2014 at 11:56 AM.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

ok i have just tried. if i remove the header(content...) code then it echoes 1 ONCE. if i leave it in, it echoes twice?

Could the script be running twice by browser in case of problems displaying the fake image?

btw i am navigating to the script DIRECTLY.

edited: just confirmed that it is hitting the script twice for some reason..

i added "output .= here1" here ">>> etc and outputted those to the browser and they get repeated twice so the script runs twice

edited 2: Not sure if this is a "proper" solution but I set a session value to 1 and then test this if it exists i dont do file_pu_contents()...
    Last edited by paulh1983; January 15th, 2014 at 03:49 AM.
  7. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

You don't happen to use Firefox?

I could reproduce the issue in Firefox, but neither in Chrome nor IE. For some reason, Firefox immediately makes a second request after the first one (verified with the Apache log). I'd say this is a bug.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  9. Wiser? Not exactly.
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Recycle your old CD's, don't just trash them

If I helped you out, show some love with some reputation, or tip with Bitcoins to 1N645HfYf63UbcvxajLKiSKpYHAq2Zxud
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

thanks guys.. you are ace.. i didnt even consider checking another browser. Funnily enough I dont think my firebug had this request coming in twice.. (FF did request it two/three times if image had errors but otherwise I could only see one request being made in Firebug).

So should I be using SESSION solution or just ignore it?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo