Thread: PHP project

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

PHP project

I decided to do a php project, i am gonna try my luck at it and see what happens. The questions below are what i wanna answer.

purpose of the application?
    What input is expected of the user?
    What screens will the user see when inputting their data?
    What processing will be performed on the information submitted by the user?
    How will this information be stored?
    How will the user be informed of the results of the data processing?

I also want to meet the following requirements

Input must be accepted from the end user.

Invalid input must be recognized and properly handled, with the user being informed of any problems.

The input must be processed and stored (in a database).

Results of processing must be displayed to the end user (through the website or through email if processing is asynchronous.)

It must include all necessary SQL statements, PHP code, HTML, and images to execute within the XAMPP environment.

It must have a professional and aesthetic appearance.

must be secure and safe from attack.

Any help with this would be great, i hope i can get the help i need for this. If i can get this done, i may go and have someone teach me more php
  3. Forgotten Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

And what are we supposed to do? Sounds like you've got a few things you need to figure out by yourself.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by requinix
    And what are we supposed to do? Sounds like you've got a few things you need to figure out by yourself.
    All i wanted were ideas, people like you are pathetic. Leaving smart *** remarks, when people want help. Stop getting on these forums if thats all you do.
  7. Wiser? Not exactly.
    Devshed God 2nd Plane (6000 - 6499 posts)

There are tons of project ideas if you just do a little searching for them. There's even an old thread on these forums full of ideas.

Project Suggestions

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees
    Recycle your old CD's

If I helped you out, show some love with some reputation, or tip with Bitcoins to 1N645HfYf63UbcvxajLKiSKpYHAq2Zxud
  9. Forgotten Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by tarnold4
    All i wanted were ideas, people like you are pathetic. Leaving smart *** remarks, when people want help. Stop getting on these forums if thats all you do.
    It's a good thing you mentioned that you wanted ideas because the rest of your post made it sound like you wanted to do a project and wanted us to answer those questions you listed. Which would have been silly since we wouldn't have had any clue what kind of "PHP project" you wanted. I mean, ignoring the lengthy portion in your post where you explicitly stated that you wanted ideas for what kind of thing you could do, the post is entirely a list of vague questions and obvious "requirements" with absolutely no guidance as to how those questions should be answered or within what context.

So I'm sorry I missed the part about you looking for suggestions. Fortunately kicken was much more observant than me. You know, a list of project suggestions would be really helpful to include somewhere: I should find a list of ideas and put a link to them in my signature.
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by requinix
    It's a good thing you mentioned that you wanted ideas because the rest of your post made it sound like you wanted to do a project and wanted us to answer those questions you listed. Which would have been silly since we wouldn't have had any clue what kind of "PHP project" you wanted. I mean, ignoring the lengthy portion in your post where you explicitly stated that you wanted ideas for what kind of thing you could do, the post is entirely a list of vague questions and obvious "requirements" with absolutely no guidance as to how those questions should be answered or within what context.

So I'm sorry I missed the part about you looking for suggestions. Fortunately kicken was much more observant than me. You know, a list of project suggestions would be really helpful to include somewhere: I should find a list of ideas and put a link to them in my signature.
    There you go, leaving smart *** remarks again. You must not have anything else to do. Why dont you go and look on another forum
  13. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the suggestion, i will check the link out

Originally Posted by kicken
    There are tons of project ideas if you just do a little searching for them. There's even an old thread on these forums full of ideas.

Project Suggestions
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

What is wrong with requinix's answers? I don't think they are smart *** at all. He apologized for not seeing the one part of your post. Grow a pair and get on with your project.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees
  17. No Profile Picture

Then your an idiot who cant read between lines.

Originally Posted by jpmorgan
    What is wrong with requinix's answers? I don't think they are smart *** at all. He apologized for not seeing the one part of your post. Grow a pair and get on with your project.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

so anyone that disagrees with you is an idiot?

This is no way to show how you are "better" than others if you are going to criticise them?

I had a look at your OP and it seems you could have come up with some ideas yourself.. a Register/login form fits the bill.. but i think we are too lazy we want others to do our work for us!

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees
  21. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by paulh1983
    so anyone that disagrees with you is an idiot?

This is no way to show how you are "better" than others if you are going to criticise them?

I had a look at your OP and it seems you could have come up with some ideas yourself.. a Register/login form fits the bill.. but i think we are too lazy we want others to do our work for us!
    First of all im not trying to be better than anyone, im just trying to get ideas. Its only certain people who are acting like idiots.
    You had no reason to even add your two sense, oh yeah you spelled critisize wrong.
    Thanks for your two sense

Comments on this post

• kicken disagrees : Actually he didn't. You however said "two sense" when the correct phrase is "two cents"
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Instead of attacking everyone and crying about everything how about you spend more time coding than rebutting everyone. Don't be that guy that stirs up trouble. I have been on this forum for a short time, yet everyone has been very polite and helpful towards others. It seems that nothing more needs to be said on this post.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

There we go again..

I am from UK, we spell things with an s not a z..

I did have to add in my 2 cents because you were being rude to someone who gives up his free time to try to help noobs like us..

quite funny that you criticised me but then made an error yourself.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees
  27. Not An Expert

tarnold4, I think that all of this arose from you mis-reading tone - that's common on the internet, since no one is using their physical voice. I've been guilty of it in the past, myself - but it's the completely wrong course of action to react with foul language and a hostile attitude. Despite your hostility, kicken and requinix have been very helpful with providing resources and links. I'll say now, tarnold: if you continue to insult the members of this forum, the only result will be a ban - so please remain civil. Don't always assume the worst from people

If you have further technical questions, feel free to post them in this thread or to start a new one. If you have personal issues with this forum or its members, you can PM me or email me at markr@imninjas.com and I'll try to respond asap.
  29. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by markroberts
    tarnold4, I think that all of this arose from you mis-reading tone - that's common on the internet, since no one is using their physical voice. I've been guilty of it in the past, myself - but it's the completely wrong course of action to react with foul language and a hostile attitude. Despite your hostility, kicken and requinix have been very helpful with providing resources and links. I'll say now, tarnold: if you continue to insult the members of this forum, the only result will be a ban - so please remain civil. Don't always assume the worst from people

If you have further technical questions, feel free to post them in this thread or to start a new one. If you have personal issues with this forum or its members, you can PM me or email me at markr@imninjas.com and I'll try to respond asap.
    I do agree with some things you were saying, but not all. If you cant seem to read between the lines, that they werent helping they were leaving smart *** comments.
    Then i apologize to you. This forum hasnt helped me since i joined, only a few people has. Ill be the bigger man and drop everything
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo