1. No Profile Picture
    Super Moderator
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

PHPMyAdmin - sub-folders only?

I'm not sure if this is best under PHP or an Apache topic, but the overall is after playing around with the latest copy, I finally got it to work. However, I could not get it to successfully log in when at it's intended address. The login will show up. If an incorrect login was entered it will error correctly. But, when a valid login is entered, it would reload a clean/fresh login screen without the user remembered. I did get it to work perfectly fine whenever I placed this within a sub-directory, even a sub of the intended address. This isn't a new install or anything, just a grab of the latest copy, which is why it makes me think the issue is more towards the script. Any ideas?

User: devtest
    Pass: devpass
    Data: devtest

Intended address: phpMyAdmin
    Intended, but sub: 301 Moved Permanently
    Another sub: 301 Moved Permanently

Hmmm... I wonder what the 301's are about. It's just a copy/paste of the PMA folder to each location. And the 301's are the ones that work fine...
    Last edited by Triple_Nothing; June 6th, 2016 at 02:20 PM.
    He who knows not that he knows not is a fool, ignore him. He who knows that he knows not is ignorant, teach him. He who knows not that he knows is asleep, awaken him. He who knows that he knows is a leader, follow him.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

your "intended" address worked fine for me. logged in correctly. I didn't try the other 2 subdirectory links.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Super Moderator

Interesting... Anyone else able to log in successfully, or get a clean refresh w/ accurate credentials?
    He who knows not that he knows not is a fool, ignore him. He who knows that he knows not is ignorant, teach him. He who knows not that he knows is asleep, awaken him. He who knows that he knows is a leader, follow him.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

just to add, ...I even logged out after and logged back in with no issues...(it even remembered/pre-populated the username field for me)
  9. No Profile Picture
    Super Moderator

Hmmm... Well, so far tried via both IE and Edge on a PC and a laptop on the same network, with no success. However, using Chrome on my Android, it worked correctly. If I tried to use it via my phones default browser, it arrives at the login page, but only displays down through 'Welcome to phpMyAdmin', no login boxes.

Edit: Well, works just fine in Chrome on my desktop. So the issue appears to be related to IE/Edge? What browser did you use?
    Last edited by Triple_Nothing; June 6th, 2016 at 06:54 PM.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I use Pale Moon v26.2.2 ...which is a Firefox fork.

I only ever use IE when I absolutely have to...and didn't even think to check with IE.
  13. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Triple_Nothing
    So the issue appears to be related to IE/Edge? What browser did you use?
    How true - Good old "useless IE v11" don't work either, just stalls and returns blank fields without actually doing anything.

FF 43.0.1. Works fine as expected.

I use IE to do my banking with etc - Sure wouldn't use it for anything else.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

seems there is/was a bug...found THIS . Maybe it can shed some light for you.

It appears that the libraries/Config.php file HERE contains the updated code that fixes the issue.

Comments on this post

• Triple_Nothing agrees
    Last edited by DonR; June 7th, 2016 at 12:56 AM.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Super Moderator

PERFECT! Thank you very much!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo