1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question How To Auto Change Dns ?

Programmers,

Is there a way where I can have my website visitors change their dns to my dns by clicking a link or being redirected to the auto change script page so they don't have to change it manually on their computers ?
    Look at it this way. Right this moment your browser is sending requests to your ISP's cache dns servers. Let us say you no longer want to use their cache dns no more but want to change it to my cache dns instead.
  3. Wiser? Not exactly.
    Devshed God 2nd Plane (6000 - 6499 posts)

No. That's an OS setting, meaning it requires local software and generally administrator rights to change it. You can't just change it by clicking a button on some random website.
    Recycle your old CD's

If I helped you out, show some love with some reputation, or tip with Bitcoins to 1N645HfYf63UbcvxajLKiSKpYHAq2Zxud
  5. Registered User

As kicken explained, it's impossible. Let me tell it why - it would be a huge security flaw. Imagine that you visit any site and then your network settings get changed to anything site owner wants. Wouldn't be fun?
  7. Banned (not really)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Actually, you can do this using fopen() on an output scookie:// stream to the user's browser. The "s" is important as it allows you to change environment variables securely. Most PHP programmers don't know this. For obvious reasons, I'm not going to list out the complete method here, but Google is your friend.
    -- Cigars, whiskey and wild, wild women. --
  9. Registered User

Wow, sounds interesting. Does it work with all browsers and operating systems? Sounds like a huge security hole to me?
  11. Lazy Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by phpmillion
    Wow, sounds interesting. Does it work with all browsers and operating systems? Sounds like a huge security hole to me?

Comments on this post

• Sepodati agrees

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo