1. I love your chinese eyes :*
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Exact location of a mobile based on his ip

I want to buy a script that can trace a user location based on his ip. For example a link sent to him in whatsapp. When he clicks a script is activated to show his live location accurate to the point of street on map. Ready to pay for a off the shelf solution. Pm me for details
  3. No Profile Picture
    Super Moderator
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

You cannot define a mobile location in such a manner. The best you'll get in a "location via IP" attempt would be the location of the initial host. That may be the cell provider in one manner or another, or if connected via WiFi atm, the location of that units main modem/router.

Without GPS, a mobile device can roughly guestimate its location based of signal strengths between towers and such, but this won't be as precise as you desire.
    He who knows not that he knows not is a fool, ignore him. He who knows that he knows not is ignorant, teach him. He who knows not that he knows is asleep, awaken him. He who knows that he knows is a leader, follow him.
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I'm afraid that's impossible using IP only. You can surely define exact user's location if user has GPS turned on on his phone, but script would need to be executed on user's phone.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo