#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    0

    Recommend Me A Simple Php Crawler


    Php Buddies,

    Yes, yes, I know. Someone recomemnded a Java crawler but I am into php. Already struggling with one language and so let us stick to just one for the time being.
    I used to use Sphider on my site as a web crawler.

    Sphider - a php spider and search engine

    I downloaded the latest now but keep getting error this or that has been deprecated (p_connect or whatever function that connects to mysql). So, stuck with the old version at the end and getting same deprecated error (preg_replace) when trying to index my site.
    Therefore, do you guys know of any good php crawler and/or searchengine script ? A gpl one would be good.
    Yes, I can check the gpl site but I want your recommendations.
    That is all I am asking.

    Thanks!

    Spidering http://......../

    1. Retrieving: http://............. at ......
    Size of page: 0.64kb. Starting indexing at .........
    Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/user/public_html/sphider/admin/spiderfuncs.php on line 611

    Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/user/public_html/sphider/admin/spiderfuncs.php on line 612

    Indexed
    Links found: 0. New links: 0

    Completed at 17:32:53.


    That is the error getting now. Can't be bothered to fix a third party script. So, now of any updated php crawler that won't show these deprecated errors ?

    Mmm. On the other hand. Unless ofcourse, you guys wanna open a tutorial thread on how to build your own simple, mini web crawler with cURL!
    Or, know of any good tutorial for beginners like me ? (Yes, Sepodati, I'm still a beginner after 15mnths. Lol!).
    Last edited by UniqueIdeaMan; May 16th, 2018 at 12:59 PM.
  2. #2
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    A Land Down Under
    Posts
    2,408
    Rep Power
    2105
    How about you read the manual and try to figure it out? The error message is painfully simple, and tells you exactly what is wrong and what needs to be done to fix it.

    Seriously, in the time that t took you to write this, you would have had it fixed.
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    How about you read the manual and try to figure it out? The error message is painfully simple, and tells you exactly what is wrong and what needs to be done to fix it.

    Seriously, in the time that t took you to write this, you would have had it fixed.
    Problem is, it's a third party script. I'll fix one thing and then will face another deprecated mssg.
    Therefore, thought might aswell look elsewhere for a script that is using php 7 upto date stuffs.
  6. #4
  7. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    A Land Down Under
    Posts
    2,408
    Rep Power
    2105
    Originally Posted by UniqueIdeaMan
    Problem is, it's a third party script. I'll fix one thing and then will face another deprecated mssg.
    Therefore, thought might aswell look elsewhere for a script that is using php 7 upto date stuffs.
    That's what happens when you rely on other peoples work instead of taking the tiem to learn how to do it properly yourself.
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    That's what happens when you rely on other peoples work instead of taking the tiem to learn how to do it properly yourself.
    How-about you show me how to do it then ?

    Btw, I just finished watching a few youtube vids on bitcoin mining and hashing and stuff. Confusing stuff made a little sense.
    Gonna build my own crypto currency one day.
  10. #6
  11. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    A Land Down Under
    Posts
    2,408
    Rep Power
    2105
    Originally Posted by UniqueIdeaMan
    How-about you show me how to do it then ?
    1. Find preg_replace in the script
    2. Remove /e modifier
    3. Change that to something else that is allowed.


    Seriously, that's all that there is to it. If you don't know what to change it to, then you need to actually do some learning, not just asking.

    Originally Posted by UniqueIdeaMan
    Btw, I just finished watching a few youtube vids on bitcoin mining and hashing and stuff. Confusing stuff made a little sense.
    Gonna build my own crypto currency one day.
    Really?? You can't get basic programming, but you're going to build your own crypto currency???? I'd like to see that.
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    1. Find preg_replace in the script
    2. Remove /e modifier
    3. Change that to something else that is allowed.


    Seriously, that's all that there is to it. If you don't know what to change it to, then you need to actually do some learning, not just asking.



    Really?? You can't get basic programming, but you're going to build your own crypto currency???? I'd like to see that.
    Thanks! I knew all this. And, I know when you read this you'll get upset and so let me prove to you that I telling truth.
    When I encounter an error saying somethign is deprecated then all I have to do is check on php.net or google what replaced it and then use that function instead. I do have the common sense to do all that. I'm not "dense" as Sepodati put it. I guess he is "dense" himself though to be using a word that is usually used in measurements. He should have used the general term "thick". Like: "Are you thick or what ?" Or, like: "Are you that thick in the skull or what ?" Lol!
    But guess what ? this is somebody else' copyright works. And so, not bothering fixing another's IP (Intellectual Property) without their permission. Now try emailing them for permission and see whether you get a response before "Kingdom Comes".
    Anyway, saying all this. If I fail to find a better alternative or build my own crawler then I might aswell just do as you suggested here.
    Last edited by UniqueIdeaMan; May 23rd, 2018 at 11:52 AM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo