1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Ways of using $_COOKIE in procedural PHP

I am still learning PHP and I could use info on what are the most common usages / applications of $_COOKIE in the most common types of scripts like cms / blog / tube / forum / online store. I know how cookies work, but these actual applications (maybe like 10 or more) would be what I would actually need and then use the info for practicing it.

I basically need to “uncover” $_SESSION and $_COOKIE more, these actual usages of it, applications, in procedural PHP.

Thanks.
  3. Headless Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

$_COOKIE is for cookies. The question you should be asking is what cookies can be used for. And that's a question that has lots of answers.
  5. Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

At the risk of sounding mean, I would suggest that you get a good book or find a good Udemy course for PHP. You don't seem to have enough of a background to form a good question to work from which means that you haven't begun to get a handle on the very basics of PHP development. A good book or course (even a free one) might really help you begin you journey on a much better footing and allow you to form better questions that we can actually provide you with helpful answers for.
    Don't like me? Click it.

Scripting problems? Windows questions? Ask the Windows Guru!

Stay up to date with all of my latest content. Follow me on Twitter!

Help us help you! Post your exact error message with these easy tips!
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Cookie: Files in users browsers where data is stored that can be accessed in every request.
    Ex: Store user email, user preferences, last search terms in a form, tracking Ids, session ids, more..

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo