1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Having a Problem

Please i want to create a social blog in my website that will allow user registration,and also allow members to follow others to see there posts(just like that of TWITTER, whrere you can follow someone and see his posts)..Please i need someone to tellme how to go on doing that!! thank you.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I don't know if this helps for you, but try to boil your system down to little pieces. Like, what does it do, what does it need etc.

you already said it needs a registration (login) system, see above this post, this is a basic and secure one. If you also want a forgot password application with it, I recommend reading the whole tutorial. Somewhere at the end I have made some adjustments with Jacques in the login system and made a fitting password forgot system with it.

you also want people to post text and stuff. Now you have to ask yourself, how do I want to do this? I would let the user store text in the database. The next thing is, how would I code it, in what language (PHP for example)?

Then write down psuedocode, like:
    1. make a form
    2. when submitted, control the text for malicious code or something that can damage the system.
    3. write to the database
    4. give the user feedback

Then you can work all the psuedocode out to real code, test it for errors and go on with the next script.

If you want a follow system, a follower should get a message when an other user posts his post.
    You could try to put something like this between point 3 and 4:

alert user

I hope it helped...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo