1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Add field to query

Hi

I need to add a field to a query that someone kindly helped me with yesterday:

I have added a field called operator (integer) but when I run the query I now get multiple rows for accounts where I need to show the last row.

For example I want to show the highlighted riw:

acct1 operator1 01/01/2011
    acct1 operator2 01/03/2013

Here is the query that I amended - unsuccesfully!

Code:
    SELECT account, operator, keyfield, note_date, note_note, note_type, filter
       FROM slcnote
      WHERE ((account::text, keyfield) IN ( SELECT account, max(keyfield) AS max
               FROM slcnote
              WHERE filter::text = 'OB'::text AND note_date >= '2010-01-01 00:00:00+00'::timestamp with time zone AND (note_type::text = ANY (ARRAY['1'::character varying, '2'::character varying, '3'::character varying, '4'::character varying, '5'::character varying]::text[]))
              GROUP BY account, operator))
              ORDER BY account ASC;
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

the GROUP BY clause is wrong. When you group by both account and operator, each combination of those two values form a separate group. So you get the latest row for each (account, operator) rather than for each account.

Remove the "operator" from the GROUP BY clause, and you're done.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thanks

Thanks yet again for great help!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo