1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy Beginner in trouble ! installing

HI frds,
    I dunno nething abt PostgreSQL.......i want to write an application in C and use mysql as database.....can postgresql be of any use to me.......if so...where do i download it from......and how do i install it......if no then tell me how do i use embedded sql for C programming.....what are the header files and where do i get them...plz help

JInesh
  3. Me likey breadsticks...
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

I think you may have a few misconceptions:

mysql is a totally different database from postgresql (however both are sql based databases). You're going to be choosing 1 or the other as an embedded backend for your program.

If you're looking for a full featured embedable DB I'd recommend firebird, however, as even one of the core members of the Postgres community (I believe, Josh Berkus, but I could be wrong) recommended firebird recently on the PG mailing list when someone inquired about needing a smaller footprint for their embeded database than Postgres'.

If you're set on using mysql you'll probably get better responses from the mysql forum. But I'm sure you can find more info from each database's websites.

Mysql Postgresql Firebird

HTH,
    -b
    PostgreSQL, it's what's for dinner...
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

thx a lot

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo