1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Postgresql replication problem.

Setting up replication for a hot standby server.

I added the standby server to the pg_hba.conf on the master server and confirmed that it worked by logging into the master server from the command line on the client.

hostnossl postgres all xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 255.255.255.255 trust
    Without this entry I cannot log into the master from the command line on the client. With it I can. Went through the other steps, but now when I activate the client it tries repeatly to talk to the master to get the stream, but errors out with the message ...

FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx", user "postgres", SSL off
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi jfmays. Sounds like you don't have the settings in the pg_hba.conf quiet right. Something I find useful for testing this sort of problem is using telnet to telnet directly into the port.

I'm not familiar with what your setup might be but here are a couple of things I would do in your situation...

- Verify the IP address of both servers. If the servers are in the same data centre are the connecting on the local IP address? If they are in the cloud are they using some sort of local internal IP or are they using external IPs?
    - is your firewall blocking the connection port (I guess your probably using 5432)?
    - are you accepting connections to postgres on that IP? Check you postgres.conf file.

Hope this helps.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo