1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Talking Accessing C database programs through the Internet

I have finished a C based database, including POS, Reporting, Accounting, stock control and customers database, and I was wondering if there is a way to access this database and its' information through the internet, using forms and html code. I'd really appreciate this help...
  3. /(bb|[^b]{2})/

Your kidding right? You wrote this, you should be able to tell how it is accessed.
  5. No Profile Picture

WHAT!

what are u talkin about man???? i was talking if there is any protocol or code in html or java that does so or if anything can be done using CGI??? what the hell are u talkin about?
  7. /(bb|[^b]{2})/

Mabey I am mis-understanding what you original post stated. If I am correct, you are stating that you wrote a database and you want to know if there is a way to get to the information contained in the database from the internet.

Now, I don't know about what you wrote, but almost any standard database has classes built that allow access to it from different languages. i.e. perl has its DBI interface. Java has JDBC. PHP has multiple difference sets of functions depending on the database that you are using.
    If you wrote one from scratch, then it would be up to you do design the cli that these things would access your database. i.e. Create a cli to interact with odbc then you could use Java, perl, PHP, and a number of other languages to access this database and the data contained therein.
  9. Junior Member

You probably want to look into XML-RPC or SOAP (aka web services). Basically they're standards for wrapping data up in XML then sending via HTTP POST.

For XML-RPC try here: http://www.xmlrpc.com/directory/1568/implementations

There's an article I put together that may help as well in understanding (for a PHP interface): http://www.webmasterbase.com/article.php?pid=0&aid=827

Hope that helps.
  11. Member

bl4d3z, are you talking about a flat-file datebase or ODBC or what?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo