Thread: apmatrix issues

1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

apmatrix issues

I use MSVC++ 6 and am coming across the portion in my book that talks about "apmatrix." it tells me to use apmatrix.h however, the file can't be found. I know there is a way you can add class and header files to the MSVC database but I am unsure of how to do this. I have the code for apmatrix.h but I don't know how to make it so the compiler recognizes it and uses it for my program. Thanks in advance.

-andy
    hmmm...
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Hi,

For a particular program, you can always create a .h file and paste that code in there, and include it just like any other .h file you create.

But, it would be handier if you could just include it without having to paste it into your code everytime. You might want to try putting it in the folder:

C++Microsoft Visual Studio\Vc98\Include

I just corrupted one of my standard library header files in there, and I was able to replace it with uncorrupted code, and it seems to work fine now, so that's the key folder you want to look at.

[edit]I tried a little test by putting a simple header file in that folder, and I was able to include it in a program and the program compiled and ran fine. I could use either form of include statement to successfully include the header file:

#include <test.h>
    #include "test.h"
    Last edited by 7stud; April 22nd, 2003 at 10:02 PM.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

I just thought of something--I imagine there's an apmatrix.cpp file you're going to need too. Do you have it?
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

yea I got it to work..the include folder worked..thanks man!
    hmmm...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo