1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Begginers graph programming?

Hi everyone,i have one a problem,i would need to write some program which need to reading some graph.
    For start,it can any the simpliest program which reading some small graphs,that i see,how to conceptually looks.???
  3. No Profile Picture

Anyone, anything that has relations with this,
    some pdf material such as book ,script or something like that.????
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You want a beginner's program to process a graphical file that contains the picture of a graph? And you wonder why nobody has jumped in to help you? Very few long-time professional programmers would have had any experience in interpreting graphical files in such a manner.

Of course, if your task is something that's completely different than processing the image within a graphical file (eg, BMP, JPG, PNG), then you need to offer a clear description of the problem.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Mutamam
    Anyone, anything that has relations with this,
    some pdf material such as book ,script or something like that.????
    Need more info on what you are trying to do. Is the graph an image, or is it a text file? What is the output?
  9. Contributing User

For the beginning you can start from:
    - flood-fill the graph to find out the number of connected components;
    - Floyd-Warshall algorithm to calculate distances between each pair of nodes.

Both of these could be implemented extremely simple and at the same time are useful enough.
  11. Contributing User
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

"flood-fill" may apply to a graph such a line graph---any sort that produces a picture.

"Floyd-Warshall" applies to a logical graph, which has no given shape, stores nodes and connectivity between them.

Meanwhile, a bash command to read a file---it could be a file of "a graph"---and do nothing particularly useful with the output is

cat my_file.grph > /dev/null

If the file doesn't exist you'll see an error message, assuming conditions are such that you can see an error message.
    [code]Code tags[/code] are essential for python code and Makefiles!
  13. No Profile Picture

Excuse me for later answer,i think that i give completly what i want :).
    For start not need algorithm such as Floyd algorithm and something like that.
    Those what i want is:Program which can work with some graphs,as i say before,i would not say that need graph picture,so without picture.
    Need more info on what you are trying to do.
    I need this program for spectral graph theory,for example,so for different purpose in this area of mathematics, such as,calculate some determinants of matrix,calculate eigenvalues matrix and something like that...
    Problem is create program, for example in C lanugage,where program will be able to upload some graphs from some datebases and work with them.

I hope that i was clear in explanation.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo