1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Boland Turbo C compiler.

Hie
    I am a beginner using Borland Turbo C 2.1 and I am having problems to change a saved files name from for example saved ws1 to ws2.....
    What I am doing is pressing the F10 to accesing the menu screen -selecting File--then selecting Load and then selecting a saved ws1.....but I need to change it to ws2 and then keeping it as a saved ws2 file.....
    Can anyone HELP with the commands I have to select.I have tried a lot of commands but to no avail.

Thank you :)
  3. Lord of Dorkness
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Central New York. Texan via Arizona, out of his element!
    Get a decent compiler (there are a number of free ones) then worry about the commands THAT compiler uses.

You can, of course, change a file name using your system's facilities.
    Functionality rules and clarity matters; if you can work a little elegance in there, you're stylin'.
    If you can't spell "u", "ur", and "ne1", why would I hire you? 300 baud modem? Forget I mentioned it.
    DaWei on Pointers Politically Incorrect.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by DaWei_M
    Get a decent compiler (there are a number of free ones) then worry about the commands THAT compiler uses.

You can, of course, change a file name using your system's facilities.
    I know there are DaWei....but this is what I am starting from the basic and probably the first free C compiler.....I need to delete some saved codes on the compiler but cannot get much help from any forums for this ancient compiler....most universities in England require you to know this compiler before you venture into other C compilers.
  7. Lord of Dorkness

Central New York. Texan via Arizona, out of his element!
    Well, they're doing you a disservice. I can't fix that for you; I have no idea what you can do.
    Functionality rules and clarity matters; if you can work a little elegance in there, you're stylin'.
    If you can't spell "u", "ur", and "ne1", why would I hire you? 300 baud modem? Forget I mentioned it.
    DaWei on Pointers Politically Incorrect.
  9. Banned ;)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    What university is this? Please do us a favor and post it here.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by nhamo97
    Hie
    I am a beginner using Borland Turbo C 2.1 and I am having problems to change a saved files name from for example saved ws1 to ws2.....
    What I am doing is pressing the F10 to accesing the menu screen -selecting File--then selecting Load and then selecting a saved ws1.....but I need to change it to ws2 and then keeping it as a saved ws2 file.....
    Can anyone HELP with the commands I have to select.I have tried a lot of commands but to no avail.

Thank you :)
    This is easy. i use Turbo C 1.01, all the time (almost).

1) press alt + f keys, to bring up the file menu
    2) press 'a' to save as, and enter your file's new name.

The original filename will still be saved, but you'll now have a new filename, as well.

Or:

1) F10
    2) press 'f'
    3) press 'a'

and enter your new file's name. Same result as above.

'

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo